Salty converted Telo tenda !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salty converted Telo tenda !

Good evening Gents , this morning at my local Militaria fair i picked up this interesting & rather salty well worn & faded M29 telo tenda , that has clearly been converted into a poncho by cutting up the middle of the tent section & adding neck flaps that have been sewn in to it like on German Zeltbahns ive owned !..maybe this has been field done ?.....Semovente
    Attached Files

This is a regular "telo tenda" that was conceived for double use: "telo tenda" if united to others to make a tent or "poncho" if used individualy.
    Only "telo tenda" without the central hole were the one conceived for repart's use.
    Remember that this one was introduced on 1929 and Germans copied some specification for their zeltbahn on 1931.

Comment

Originally posted by kanister View Post
      This is a regular "telo tenda" that was conceived for double use: "telo tenda" if united to others to make a tent or "poncho" if used individualy.
      Only "telo tenda" without the central hole were the one conceived for repart's use.
      Remember that this one was introduced on 1929 and Germans copied some specification for their zeltbahn on 1931.
      Hello Kanister thanks for your reply ... ..i know what you are saying about the double use type of these telo tenda that can be found...but what iam tryin to point out is the way or manner that this example has been done !?...to me it seems very crude ..with a long uneven cut into the cloth thats sewn up after the neck flaps are added !..making me think was this just a tent section to start ?? ..as even German poncho zelts ive had have been made much more professionaly !...just my pennys worth !...
      Last edited by Semovente; 12-01-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Some more pics ...here shown are two telo's ...one obviously a post war !.. but with the same neck flap cut out to make it a poncho as the wartime version !..both two halfs have seams machined together to make one tent/poncho as Kanister pointed out , but on the post war one no slit or cut the opposite way !?..as is the method use on my wartime one !!...the post war is a much neater job than the crude cutting job of my wartime one !..which leaves me to think looking at the method used , that this was more a field made poncho from what was just originaly just a M29 tent section before !?...Semovente
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Semovente; 12-02-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X