Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Blanket

Hello,

I own 3 Italian blankets and was wondering the age and time period these were used. 2 are the same quality and manufacture with whip stitched edges, no embroidered initials and no tag. 1 has no whip stitching on the ends, an embroidered "A.M." in the center and an extra line in the design. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Fred

The first 2 blankets.
    Attached Files

Comment

the 2nd type of blanket . All three blankets together.

Fred
      Attached Files

Comment

That whit AM (aeronautica militare) it is not war time because in that time the Italian air force was called Regia Aeronautica (Royal Air Force) so on blankets there was RA.
        Ciao

Comment

Some Wartime blankets i have Fred !..Italian Royal Army top & middle , & bottom one Italian Royal Airforce !...Semovente
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the information. I now know the one with the AM is post war Airforce.

Did all of the blankets have an emblem on them? What about the other two that I show with out the emblem and the whip stitched edge? Are they post war too?

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for the information. I now know the one with the AM is post war Airforce.

Did all of the blankets have an emblem on them? What about the other two that I show with out the emblem and the whip stitched edge? Are they post war too?

Fred
              Hello Fred ...well i would say that with these blankets , that any having any Royalist connection were phased out after 43 & the RSI replacing the old government and all royalist emblems are outlawed !!

Comment

When I was in the Army for my duty in the early 2000s, I sleeped with blankets that were almost identical to the ones posted. Who knows, maybe some of those were even wartime!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                  When I was in the Army for my duty in the early 2000s, I sleeped with blankets that were almost identical to the ones posted. Who knows, maybe some of those were even wartime!
                  Some of those blankets you slept on Ironcrown are selling right now on Ebay & Amazon !!!....

Comment

All of them are postwar .
                    The bevo like tag with "Mitin"( moths permanent treatment) is typical also for
                    makings after the 50's .
                    Nick

Comment

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all of the information.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X