Italian officers shirt serial numbers !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian officers shirt serial numbers !

Good evening Gents , i recently picked up this nice private purchase officers shirt in grey silk material with a just about readable label inside.. to a taylors/outfiters by the name of 'M. Guardiano & Tidona , Ragina ' ...but i also noticed a serial number on the collars inside ..2454 +17+062
    Would any of the forums member know what this might be for ?? I think its a size code maybe ?...thanks Semovente
    Attached Files

As far as I know it doesn't make any sense to me in the Regio Esercito context.
    Maybe a POW serial number?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
      As far as I know it doesn't make any sense to me in the Regio Esercito context.
      Maybe a POW serial number?
      Hello Ironcrown ..yes its a little mystery ?..i thought maybe to begin with if it could be the owners Army number ?..given that i know in some British military clothing you sometimes get the mans service number in the clothing they are issued etc !..but not sure if thats the same in the Italian Army ?...Semovente

Comment

Officer's uniforms were privately purchased, and this kind of clothes identification sounds to me very strange for a use by an officer inside the italian army. Usually, the name was enough to identify an officer for the laundry service. However, if this one is an identification code, it may have the following meaning:
        2454 - Officer's serial number
        17 - Year of birth
        062 - Military District (In this case, Macerata)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X