Moschettieri del Duce Pilot Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moschettieri del Duce Pilot Wings

Hey guys, not my area really, but I’ve recently acquired this nice 2 inch dress wings in silver color (silver stamped), never had one in real silver before, so after some digging around I found this:
    https://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/...ce-silver.html

Mine is the same.
    Now, I know this seller is very knowledgeable, but I also wanted to see what some of the more experienced guys here have to say about these silver RSI pilots wings, how rare are they, are they really only meant for the Mussolini’s black shirts???
    Any and all info on the subject would be highly appreciated, and of course their price, I couldn’t help but notice the price tag? Of course I know he sells rather expensive, but then again!? How rare these are?
    Here is mine!
    Thank You!
    Attached Files

Hello Lubo i found some RSI wings in 800 silver fairly quickly on the net the same as yours but they were listed as just that RSI pilots wings !..were does this connection to the Duce body guards come from ?...thats a lot of money to shell out for some wings !......Semovente

Comment

Maybe you can post some links or some pictures and we can compare.
      Yes, that’s a lot of money and I want to know where is the connection as well.

Comment

Here you go Lubo , they are a bit tarnished been silver & need a clean with some slight differences to yours but it says RSI officers pilot wings in silver !..no mention of the Duce or his body guard !!..you can see the halmarks on the back .. it says they are by Emilio Pagani !..no price as sold !....Semovente
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Semovente; 10-30-2019, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubo View Post
          Now, I know this seller is very knowledgeable,...
          If the seller is very knowledgeable must know that the "Moschettieri del Duce" were disbanded on June 1940 and never were reestablished.
          So after 1943 this eagle can't be from such a pilot.

Comment

The identification as "Moschettieri del Duce" pilot badge is wrong and the price on the link is completely out of any logic. This honor guard existed during the monarchy and the pilot badge used by their components was the regular one with the italian crown.

This is a RSI period pilot badge, made in the 1943-1945 period without the crown. Probably rare as it's made in silver, but I would never pay so much money! I think that many were produced and never awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by kanister View Post
              If the seller is very knowledgeable must know that the "Moschettieri del Duce" were disbanded on June 1940 and never were reestablished.
              So after 1943 this eagle can't be from such a pilot.
              Yes as Kanister very well points out about this seller been on the ball !!.. he seems to overlooked a few key facts !!??...

Comment

Thank you guys!
                Btw, the reverse set up of the badge posted by Semovente is not what I’d like to see on this maker. Looks very crude, guess they were coming in different varieties set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubo View Post
                  Thank you guys!
                  Btw, the reverse set up of the badge posted by Semovente is not what I’d like to see on this maker. Looks very crude, guess they were coming in different varieties set up.
                  No problem Lubo .....hopefully saved you some money too ??...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X