Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

A tunic, reassembled. The ribbons of the medals are wrong, the knighthood of the military Order of the Savoys, repeated four times, makes no sense, there is a ribbon of the medals of the knights of Vittorio Veneto established on March 18, 1968, a jacket to be of a General Marshal Italy, it is really poor from a quality point of view, it seems to be made with jute, horrible, the buttons on an M40 jacket must be in gey-green bakelite, not in silver metal used on the M33 jackets

Comment

the ribbons of the medals, have been clumsily copied from wikipedia, but you need to know the regulations before making mistakes

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Messe

Comment

Did you read the name tag?
          "Giovanni Messe"

Frankly, quite a lot of the stuff this chap is selling is crap.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Didnt the said field Marchall have a Iron Cross 1st class worn on the his left breast pocket ?
              I see no loops on that pocket to take the award !...

Comment

In Rome everything is possible, but a uniform of this importance would not go unnoticed by the wealthy vultures and therefore would not even see the light on eBay ... Moreover, here we are talking about a Marshal of Italy and I do not see any pedigree that certifies the origin. I note that this seller also has a fieldcap of an officer of the General Staff whose eagle shows a striking resemblance to Messe's one ... The Sartoria Molinari & Leoni actually existed and they were the successors of Giacomo Cesati, but a sartorial label is not enough ... With regards to the ribbons, I don't like it ... Messe was promoted Marshal of Italy on May 12, 1943 and was captured the next day. In the autumn of 1943 he returned to Italy and I do not believe he proudly displayed his iron cross since the Germans were now enemies. He passed through the reserve on January 18, 1947 and was put to rest on March 27, 1947. So this uniform would fit into a very narrow time frame. Giovanni Messe died on December 18, 1968, at the age of 85. What is the reason for the ribbon of the Order of Vittorio Veneto which was established by Law March 18, 1968, n. 263? This medal collection was surely copied from Wikipedia ...
                Attached Files

Comment

Good points

Comment

Actually, the fabric reminds me of the post-war summer of the Guardia di Finanza. However, there is a disturbing but certainly original stain at the bottom of the trouser placket ...

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                      Actually, the fabric reminds me of the post-war summer of the Guardia di Finanza. However, there is a disturbing but certainly original stain at the bottom of the trouser placket ...
                      Me thinks he does extract the urine !!...

Comment

That must be original to the previous owner...
                        Never figured that general Messe was incontinent

Comment

I think that this uniform is not the only problem of this seller who has many things
                          in auction and all this that I see, makes me laugh…..
                          best
                          Raff
                          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X