ID Italian Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Italian Insignia

Can someone tell me what these are and an approximate value?
    Attached Files

Hello Ron ...what you've got there is a pair of very nice & desirable Collar tabs for the elite Decima Mas naval marines !..this particular pair been Yellow in colour denotes them been of the Decima Mas Artillery Division ' Colleoni ' ...they are from the RSI era hence the lower gladio & wreath badges... so later wartime 43-45 era.
    Value Ron is quite resonable as these elite units are very sort after by collectors & dealers command high prices !..so it all depends on who will pay the most for them !?...Semovente

Comment

Thank you. I hit on a rather large lot of German and Italian medals and insignia from a veteran's family and a lot of Italian is not easily identified.

Comment

Just post them, maybe we can help you!

Comment

Why do these collar tabs have clear celluloid pieces over them? This looks like this could possibly be a wartime addition. I have never seen this before. Was this a common practice and I just haven't seen it? A postwar addition? Something one man did by himself?

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
            Why do these collar tabs have clear celluloid pieces over them? This looks like this could possibly be a wartime addition. I have never seen this before. Was this a common practice and I just haven't seen it? A postwar addition? Something one man did by himself?
            Hello SkaraBrae got to say its not something i've come across before !?...but i would think its a attempt by the original owner to keep them clean with the celluloid !

Comment

My expertise is German and I know precious little about Italian. These were in a large group of German and Italian insignia and medals that the vet took off prisoners, so I am confident that everything is as found. The covering on th shoulder boards looks like old thick celluloid,

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                My expertise is German and I know precious little about Italian. These were in a large group of German and Italian insignia and medals that the vet took off prisoners, so I am confident that everything is as found. The covering on th shoulder boards looks like old thick celluloid,
                No doubt there at all Ron !..they (the celluloid) look contempary to the collar mostrine , but its not the norm shall we say !?.. least ways that ive ever seen unless someone can throw more light on it ??...Semovente

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X