Italian items out of old collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian items out of old collection

I'm purchasing an old collection that has some Italian items in it. I'm trying to sort out any fake or post-war items before offering the items for sale. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Doug
    Attached Files

More.....
    Attached Files

Comment

More....
      Attached Files

Comment

More...
        Attached Files

Comment

More..
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a nice selection of items with some red flags inside it. Of course the pictures you posted can only give an idea, if you want to know if the single pieces are original or not you should post better images, at least 2 (observe-reverse) for each item.
            From what I can see, there are a couple of postwar issued items, like the blue/red shield with the leopard (it should be a brigade badge from the '60s) and the pilot badge with the "republican" crown. Also, I suspect the italian Waffen-SS eagles at the top right of the first picture to be fakes, and also the "Gruppo Autonomo Caccia T." arm shield should be a postwar restrike made with original dies. The daggers and the Regia Aeronautica war badges look promising (specially those last ones, that are very common since many hundreds unissued ones were found some decades ago), but as said, only better pics will tell it for sure.

Comment

Ironcrown,
              Thanks for your comment. Any idea on whether or not the trumpet banner or pole top are ww2 period/original?
              Thanks, Doug

Comment

Some really nice daggers to include a couple of high end rare ones. It would be nice to get close ups but they basically look ok. The general officers white gripped dagger is particularly rare as I have only seen 2. Great find from that perspective.

Comment

Rare items, even the italian ones, have been widely faked. And more rare and expensice are the original, higher is the quality of the fakes. That's why good pics are needed!

Comment

Nice selection of items !..somebody spent a few notes putting them all together !?..as Ironcrown says you need some better bothsides shots for the badges etc !...one nice rare item in the daggers groupin is the 1923 poniard Militia dagger !...Semovente..

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                      Looks like a nice selection of items with some red flags inside it. Of course the pictures you posted can only give an idea, if you want to know if the single pieces are original or not you should post better images, at least 2 (observe-reverse) for each item.
                      From what I can see, there are a couple of postwar issued items, like the blue/red shield with the leopard (it should be a brigade badge from the '60s) and the pilot badge with the "republican" crown. Also, I suspect the italian Waffen-SS eagles at the top right of the first picture to be fakes, and also the "Gruppo Autonomo Caccia T." arm shield should be a postwar restrike made with original dies. The daggers and the Regia Aeronautica war badges look promising (specially those last ones, that are very common since many hundreds unissued ones were found some decades ago), but as said, only better pics will tell it for sure.
                      Completely agreed with Iron, more the badge with eagle -133 la nobile is 100% from seventhies ( Esercito italiano) , daggers are minefield...

Comment

Most looks good on surface some of the daggers need to be handled . Backs needed to be seen on badges and macro photos . Off the bat at a glance ,the red Italian SS eagle is fake and most likely the metal one doesn’t look right from pic . The large Black Brigade skull with dagger in mouth is a fake. The 101 black shield is an excellent restrike from original die. Skulls all need reverse shots. Add that to what others said . Looks like quite a bit of good stuff there but needs to be handled some of the rarer items are make it or break it .

Comment

Keep in mind they fake the San Marco dagger on the bottom along with the other models ? Most daggers look ok in photos be careful of the white handled m37 and 39 as they could be unscrupulously upgraded to the white (generals grade) The originals should be ivory or a white synthetic Material which are marked on the inside. As joeW stated the big winner is the white handled m35 if good . They are rare but occasionally obtainable . One cased one passed hands at the Max a few years back and I saw one for sale in Milano a few weeks ago.

Comment

shoot me a price on the tank "pilot" wings Doug if you rare not keeping them, I have a few versions in my collection, best John

Comment

Any chance on seeing the backs of skulls and badges ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X