Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascist cloth insignia

Hi,

This item is a direct vet find & is 100% original.
    I'd post it here in the past but had no answer about what it is.

Have you information about it & a price range before I put it in the for sale section.

Thanks a lot.

JC
    Attached Files

Batt. San Marco (Navy infantry).
    I guess sleeve tab with rank stripe.

Was it found in France?
    If so, where?

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I've personnaly found this one here in France in a vet box with many german WW2 bring back item.

Have you an idea about price? Seems it's realy not common.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Francisque this lot you have so reminds me of a lot that i posted on here a few months back...it too was a mix of German & Italian items collected by a Vet like your items !...nice find ..

Comment

San Marco combat grade ?
          Nick

Comment

"San Marco" existed in both Regio Esercito, in the RSI army and in the postwar Esercito Italiano. Of course RSI items are much more sought after. So the first step should be to understand which "San Marco" used this badge!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
              "San Marco" existed in both Regio Esercito, in the RSI army and in the postwar Esercito Italiano. Of course RSI items are much more sought after. So the first step should be to understand which "San Marco" used this badge!

Regia Marina, Batt. San Marco, as stated above.
              IMHO these are the sleeve badges of BSM combat tunic.

RSI Divisione San Marco = infantry division, no relation to BSM of the RM.

IMHO there was no RE San Marco division or battalion.

There was, however, the 49° Leg. MVSN "San Marco" from, nomen est omen, Venice.

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                IMHO these are the sleeve badges of BSM combat tunic
                WWII photo for reference:
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot.
                  Any idea about a price range?

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                    IMHO these are the sleeve badges of BSM combat tunic.

RSI Divisione San Marco = infantry division, no relation to BSM of the RM.

IMHO there was no RE San Marco division or battalion.

There was, however, the 49° Leg. MVSN "San Marco" from, nomen est omen, Venice.
                    Correct, my mistake, I should have said "Regia Marina", not Regio Esercito.
                    The RSI San Marco Regiment, later Division had some relation with the old RM unit since it intended to continue its traditions in the RSI army and because a handfull of volunteers came from the RM San Marco Regiment. However, what is important here is that the gold lion in red background was used during all the mentioned periods.

Price range? If we don't identify the exact period of use I will say from 5 to 500€

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                      Correct, my mistake, I should have said "Regia Marina", not Regio Esercito.
                      The RSI San Marco Regiment, later Division had some relation with the old RM unit since it intended to continue its traditions in the RSI army and because a handfull of volunteers came from the RM San Marco Regiment. However, what is important here is that the gold lion in red background was used during all the mentioned periods.

Price range? If we don't identify the exact period of use I will say from 5 to 500€
                      Ciao Ironcrown , im sorry but the RSI San Marco was never a Regiment , he was part of the four divisions trained in Germany during 1944, yes the lion was used on the uniforms but only on the collars tab ( with the Vangelo closed) on some pins but not as sleeve bagde in the new RSI uniform, so we can say it was use during the war ( and before) on regia marina uniform until 8 of september 1943.

Comment

Before the San Marco Division a San Marco Regiment existed and was disbanded in May 1944. The men were then drafted in the X Mas Division.
                        https://books.google.it/books?id=_Rm...%20RSI&f=false

Yes, during RSI lions were mostly used on collar tabs but sometime also as unofficial brest badges. Some years ago I had this one in my collection. Of course this is in metal, not embroidered.
                        Attached Files

Comment

It seems some marines went one better !?...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X