Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M- 36c Bulgarian helmet

Hello everyone,
    I just purchased this Bulgarian M-36c. I would love some opinions on it. It doesn't ever seem to have been repainted, and has its original decal, although it is marred up a bit. From what information I have found, it seems to have its original liner, although hopefully someone can tell me if the dome pads are original to the helmets, or were they a post war upgrade. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the photos.
    Vic
    Attached Files

You have a good ww2 era helmet.
    The dome pads were only installed and the A model of this helmet.
    But sometimes they can also be found in B and C model types.
    They were definitively abolished in post ww2 refurbished m36 helmets.

Comment

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Ive seen a few good websites on this helmet, but they never gave a definitive answer about the dome pads as to when they were used. These are really cool WW2 helmets that are really affordable. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

collector friend in Bulgaria told me, that it is actually not exactly known, when dome pads were added, if wartime or postwar. However there are type A's without them, that still have original WW2 liner and chinstrap and no traces of presence of pads at any time... for type C is not normal. Early postwar modifications vary widely and are very hard to date.

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

The point is that the pads were not fixed to the liner or the shell.
          They were quick to take out and put into another helmet.

Comment

In the case of my helmet, that seems to make sense. I took the pad out briefly to clean out any loose dirt and debris, and clearly the pad wasn't held in by anything more than the liner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X