Large Lot of Italian Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Lot of Italian Helmets

A friend of mine contacted me for my opinion on these helmets he's thinking about buying from a collector in Italy. Personally, I think they may be genuine, but I am worried about artificial aging due to the prices they are listed at. Need expert opinions on the stencils. I unfortunately do not have any other photos as these are what were sent.

-MB

Alpini Artillery:

Inside of Alpini Artillery:

Decima MAS:

MVSN and Political:

Same seller as over here:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=913776

Avoid this guy from Antagnod, 99,5% fakes for sale!

Comment

And if you'd be interested in genuine Italian ww2 helmets you should also avoid this seller:
      http://www.ebay.com/sch/kingtiger007...p2047675.l2562
      100% fakes!

Comment

All these helmets are in theory very rare and at first glance look nice. I would say: too good to be true. I don't know the seller, however I would never buy them from these pics only, and even after a deep inspection I would have concerns, since rare italian helmets have been faked for decades and the older works have now got a very convincing patina.

It's just my way of collecting. I like more common items that don't give big problems with autentication. RSI helmets are like a minefield, and I prefer to stay away from them, unless I find myself them in a cellar that has been sealed for 72 years (unfortunately till today this has neve happened).
        Last edited by Ironcrown; 05-25-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X