Italian Insignia Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Insignia Grouping

I got this grouping of odds and ends sometime ago (years) and have never quite been able to identify the specifics. I've found a couple of similar items like the shoulder boards and the oval patch but not the exact ones and they've never really described beyond "fascist" insignia anyway. Other pieces, like the red enamel fasces I've never seen mentioned. I presume the winged artillery insignia on the boards is for anti-aircraft and the crowned horn and crossed rifles is for mountain infantry but not sure. The oblong pin with the crowned fasces is another enigma.

Can someone help me and let me know exactly what I have?
    Attached Files

Thanks for the PMs and offers but I still have not gotten any info on just what these items are.

Comment

Nice grouping!
      The shoulder boards are for an officer of the Milizia Contraerea (Black shirts, anti aircraft artillery). Next, the cap badge with the crown should be for the black shoulder boards of an officer of the colonial infantry. The oval badge is from the fascist Work Corporations (labor union). I'm not sure of the two pieces on the right.
      In the lower part of the picture, I see some collar bundles for the MVSN or the fascist party uniforms. However, the gilt one on the left may be just to be worn on the lapel, because of the needle on the back instead of the prongs. The buttons are all from the MVSN except 2 that are for a 1920's artillery uniform and another one (lower right) that is hard to see.
      About the stars, the bigger ones should be those to be worn on the collars of the all armed forces jackets (except the MVSN that had the bundles), while the smaller ones should be rank stars for the officer's field cap (bustina).
      Hope this helps

Comment

badge with trumpet , rifle and crown black backing is colonial infantry might be for a sidecap as well due to the size ... metal badge is an administrative insignia East African italian colonial era ; I've recently got one here in Italy ... via PM latest quotation

bst

Paolo

Comment

Originally posted by PAOLORUBENS View Post
          badge with trumpet , rifle and crown black backing is colonial infantry might be for a sidecap as well due to the size ... metal badge is an administrative insignia East African italian colonial era ; I've recently got one here in Italy ... via PM latest quotation

bst

Paolo
          Thank you PaoloRubens and IronCrown for the information! Here are additional photos as requested by others.

The large badge is marked for "Johnson Milano".
          Attached Files
          Last edited by paulj; 05-25-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X