Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSIR Ice Cross

Hello!
    Is this a good original cross and ribbon? I think it is the post-war veterans type, manufactured between 1945-1947.
    How much do you think this is worth, especially with the enamel in such good condition?

Thank you!

Yes, in my opinion is a postwar example.
    Very low value, despite the paint is in good conditions. Original crosses had a weak paint that cracked easily. Postwar crosses were painted with an acrylic finish so they are usually found in good shape.

Comment

It is fake.
      Like 99,5 % of the stuff the selles is offering:
      http://www.ebay.com/sch/antiquariato...p2047675.l2562

Big collection of sh*t!

Comment

Thank you tankredi and ironcrown for your help!

Comment

What's sure is that the cross is not wartime made, but I wouldn't calll it "fake". I think that we should call it "postwar restrike", since these crosses were made postwar primarily for the many veterans of the russian front (some are still alive!). Of course the more recent stocks were made for collectors. The cross that has been posted looks old, so probably was made for veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
            It is fake.
            Like 99,5 % of the stuff the selles is offering:
            http://www.ebay.com/sch/antiquariato...p2047675.l2562

Big collection of sh*t!
            😁😂😂....good one

Comment

That seller has for sale a mix of good and fake stuff. Stay away from the Italian SS eagle and from the helmets! On the other hand other pieces like the colonial order and the peacked cap seems ok. What is sure, I woudn't bid so big money like some did for the big lot of badges and decorations. That's creazy! How can you spend $4600+ basing your judgement from two pics???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X