• Show
Clear All

Maybe WW2 Hungarian.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
      Maybe WW2 Hungarian.
      They wore brown...

Comment

IMO post war modified german WH OFF jacket for civilian or forest service use .
        Or early postwar made with original cloth .
        The half "belt" traces are only on the back , not on the front .Typical for these jackets !
        Nick

Comment

Italian tunic M39 for Nco.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
            IMO post war modified german WH OFF jacket for civilian or forest service use .
            Or early postwar made with original cloth .
            The half "belt" traces are only on the back , not on the front .Typical for these jackets !
            Nick
            completely agree
            Marco

Originally posted by ARDITO View Post
            Surely it is not an M39 for Nco.
            It does not have 4 frontal bottons, moreover have straight pocket flaps and removable shoulder straps.
            Marco
            Last edited by Zip3120; 05-07-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I still think it started out as a WW2 italian army tunic and was then maybe tried to be converted into something resembling a german tunic. I guess it was an officers tunic as I have frequently seen them to have 4 instead of 3 buttons and it looks like it once had a belt in the back, something I've also seen on some italian tunics.
              The colour difference of the collar makes it seem like it has been replaced, the back slit has been sewn shut and the cuffs and pockets might've also been altered in some kind of way.
              The 4 panel lining looks like grey, plain rayon and thus also reminds me of italian tunics and the internal pockets just might be a pecularity this tunic has an (maybe privately purchased) officers tunic.
              Italian tunics had just as big of a variety in models, styles and patterns as germans had, thus I wouldn't rule it out so fast that this could've been an italian tunic once, especially keeping in mind that it might also be an attempted conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                I still think it started out as a WW2 italian army tunic and was then maybe tried to be converted into something resembling a german tunic. I guess it was an officers tunic as I have frequently seen them to have 4 instead of 3 buttons and it looks like it once had a belt in the back, something I've also seen on some italian tunics.
                The colour difference of the collar makes it seem like it has been replaced, the back slit has been sewn shut and the cuffs and pockets might've also been altered in some kind of way.
                The 4 panel lining looks like grey, plain rayon and thus also reminds me of italian tunics and the internal pockets just might be a pecularity this tunic has an (maybe privately purchased) officers tunic.
                Italian tunics had just as big of a variety in models, styles and patterns as germans had, thus I wouldn't rule it out so fast that this could've been an italian tunic once, especially keeping in mind that it might also be an attempted conversion.

Not even the lining is Italian!

Comment

Sorry, but I don't think this tunic was an Italian tunic.
                  The lining absolutely is not Italian.
                  Marco

Comment

Originally posted by ARDITO View Post
                    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X