WW2 Italian Bustina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Italian Bustina

I saw this Italian bustina and was wondering what you all thought about the front insignia and the stars? To me the color on the material the insignia and stars are on looks very different. Your opinions?

Comment

Hi johnz...heres some of the wartime bustina's that i have...two have different colour cloth backing on the insignia & rank !..only the cordellino cloth type has matching rank insignia in the same material as the hat !...but the unit badge is backed in grey !.. Semovente
      Attached Files

Comment

Cordellino type bustina..
        Attached Files

Comment

Different types !
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info and pics.

Comment

Originally posted by johnz138 View Post
              Thanks for the info and pics.
              Your welcome......i think yours is all good.. is it one your after ?...thought you might like this one too..its just post war 50s i guess ..garrison cap ..with stars and all !?..but replaced the bustina !...Semovente
              Attached Files

Comment

I saw it for sale.

Comment

These caps were all privately purchased. As insignia, it was used everything available at the moment. So not a problem if the shade or the material is different. Of course, for these reason sometime is difficult to say if a badge is original to the cap or if it has been reapplied. The most important things to consider are that the stitching looks old, the thread is not synthetic and the patina is all the same.
                  Last edited by Ironcrown; 04-02-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Yes could'nt agree more Ironcrown..as i ve shown with just my three differe'nt examples the difference that was available with different manufacters & of course officers privately purchases adding to the mix...but as you say as long as the small details tie up ..ie stiching etc...then all good !?....Semovente..

Comment

Let me share this nice bustina cap for a captain of the 84th Infantry Regiment.
                      Hope you like it
                      Attached Files

Comment

The stitchings looks the same on the infantry and on the rank insignia. Also the patina seems very similar.
                        But actually the cap has been restored! I got this bustina at the Last Militalia fair. The rank insignia was still applied, but there was no infantry insignia on the front. But I had the correct one already in my collection
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ironcrown; 05-23-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

The shadow of the missing insignia tells that this cap was originally worn by an infantryman; it matches perfectly with the new one
                          Of course I used origianl period thread. I think that the result is pretty good

That's to say that is often very hard to tell if a cap has been remounted (completely or in part).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Very nice Bustina Ironcrown...a good match ...looks good ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X