CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legion Condor Item - what does it represent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion Condor Item - what does it represent?

I would sincerely appreciate any information on what this embroidered banner represents. Is it commemorating a battle? Any help is appreciated. John
    Attached Files

More photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Remembrance of Spain
      Rabe'
      Burgos

It is a souvineer pennant either bought or given to a Legion Condor member in the provence of Burgos in Spain
      I believe Rabe' is a municipality of the Provence of Burgos . Rabé de las Calzadas, Burgos, Spain

The pennant depicts a loose group of allies or coalition forces of the Nationalist cause.

From top left to right

Spanish fascist party ...Falange
      Spanish National colors
      Carlist .......monarchists

Center

Nazi swastika

Bottom row left to right

Japanese flag
      Spanish nationalist Army crest
      Italian flag with Cross of Savoy

And the bottom stylized L.C. for Legion Condor 1938
      Last edited by Dennis S; 03-10-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I thought the top right maybe could have been Belgium,,,but no,,don't think they were part..

anyway,,
        Good or bad that is a nice piece!

Comment

Were the Japanese involved in the Spanish Civil War?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
            I thought the top right maybe could have been Belgium,,,but no,,don't think they were part..

anyway,,
            Good or bad that is a nice piece!
            No its definately Carlist

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
              Were the Japanese involved in the Spanish Civil War?
              Japan was sympathetic and allied at that time with Fascist Europe ...Italy and Germany later signing The pact of steel.

The Japanese where fighting with The Soviets in Manchuria in 1938 , as The Soviets were supporting The Republican Forces in Spain . So kind of my enemy is also your enemy .

Comment

Among many other weapons, I know some Arisaka rifles could be found in Spain. Isn't that Spanish army crest the one onf the Spanish Legion?

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                  Among many other weapons, I know some Arisaka rifles could be found in Spain. Isn't that Spanish army crest the one onf the Spanish Legion?

Carles

Yes ...they made up most of Francos initial forces along with The Morracan Army corp . The Luftwaffe
                  transported Francos forces from Africa to mainland Spain. The Reggio Aeronautica provided air cover
                  For those transported by sea.
                  Last edited by Dennis S; 03-11-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post

Carles
                    Hi Carles.

Those Arisaka rifles were part of the aid to White Russians during the Russian Civil War as also were the Enfields P14 and Lee Enfields sent by British. Also was sent a lot of IWW surplus equipment including artillery and ammo. After the Reds victory, all those weapons were stored and some of those material was sold to Spanish Government at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War. Some of them was useful like Arisakas but other was rubbish bought at gold price like cannons without the locks or with a little quantity of ammo or the italian one shot rifle Vetterli by the Republicans weapons traders.

César.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X