Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

italian M33 Black paint Holes of front for Insignia

Hi Everyone,

I got this over the weekend from the family of a veteran. It has seen better days and was stored poorly.

What are your thoughts on this, I'm not good with Italian helmets.

Thanks for looking,
    Keith
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Used during the Spanish Civil War and afterwards reissued by Franco's Army

Comment

Yep agree with T.T.T....early first type rivets...

Comment

A veteran from the spanish civil war I assume!

Comment

Thank you for the information. It ended up with a WWII US Army veteran here in Massachusetts.

Comment

I don't think it's a veteran bring back from Europe. Maybe the veteran bought it some time later for some reason!
                  Many years ago a big stock of such helmets were dismissed by the spanish government and sent to the US, where they could be bought for few dollars. When I spent some time in America about 20 years ago, I bought one on myself too!
                  All had the same features: 1st type rivets (early), typical spanish rough paint, chinstrap sometime original sometime replaced (like in this case). Most of these helmets had two small holes drilled on the front, made for the spanish army badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                    I don't think it's a veteran bring back from Europe. Maybe the veteran bought it some time later for some reason!
                    Many years ago a big stock of such helmets were dismissed by the spanish government and sent to the US, where they could be bought for few dollars. When I spent some time in America about 20 years ago, I bought one on myself too!
                    All had the same features: 1st type rivets (early), typical spanish rough paint, chinstrap sometime original sometime replaced (like in this case). Most of these helmets had two small holes drilled on the front, made for the spanish army badge.
                    Totally agree, during the seventies USA bought tons of dismissed steel and iron surplus from Spain and there were many cargos full of helmets too!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X