Photo lot !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo lot !

Gents ..picked up some interesting photos/postcards this morning of Italian army/Afrika korp chatting while commonwealth POWs march past...one of Rommel toastin with Italian naval officer !!...& what looks like a Foreign volunteer for the German army..from writing on the back ??..any one know which country it is ?...thanks...Semovente.
    Attached Files

Volunteer ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
      Volunteer ?
      ..."bog i ojczyzna" .. God & fatherland , 90% is polish to me ...but I'm sure there are Polish guys around here to confirm it...
      ciao
      andrea

Comment

Originally posted by andrea View Post
        ..."bog i ojczyzna" .. God & fatherland , 90% is polish to me ...but I'm sure there are Polish guys around here to confirm it...
        ciao
        andrea
        Andrea ..thank you my friend...so you think Polska !!...well i thought eastern europe...but its a big area...but if Poland well maybe a Silesian German ??....Semovente

Comment

confirm polish language more part of Poland was III Reich with peoples using normally the double languages for an example the headquarters Wolfschanze (Mazury area Ost Prussia)
          Semovente I translate for you. Note in photo the italian tunic tailor made of Rommel nice photos
          cheers
          Raffaello

"God and Country"

My Dear and good of Fr. with whom I got acquainted and I was at the ordination in Belgium.
          Faithful Konrad
          Christmas 1942
          Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 10-10-2016, 08:38 AM.
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
            Andrea ..thank you my friend...so you think Polska !!...well i thought eastern europe...but its a big area...but if Poland well maybe a Silesian German ??....Semovente
            That My little research ( not a must!!)about recruting of "polish" in the wermacht,confirming as you say they were mainly or only Silesian:
            There existed in Poland, as in nearly every other region of Europe during the time of WWII, a distinct group that was ripe for voluntary or conscripted service within or alongside the Reich. This group was known as the Volksdeutsche. Volksdeutsche were historic ethnic enclaves resident beyond the German boarder that for political and/or traditional reasons were considered a part of greater Germany. It was from among these groups that the Germans first gathered volunteers from Poland. Although they are not technically thought of as Poles by the Germans, the ethnic German Volksdeutsche were in reality from Poland and can thus be seen as Polish volunteers.
            Anyhow "god & fatherland" as write in the postcard it is a Polish Army motto created before WWII
            Ciao
            Andrea

Comment

Raffaello..thank you for the translation..also glad you liked the photo's...yes i was well pleased to find one taken by someone at the time of Rommel " the Desert fox "...he looks happy with what ever they & his Italian comrades are celebrating ??...Andrea..also thanks for your great info ...as always your excellent research is spot on......i have some more pics from the same lot that i found ..Afrika korps POWs under guard top../British tanks rollin into Mersa Matru...see what you think ?...cheers Semovente.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Semovente; 10-10-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

More...Sherman been recovered from battle field...German 88 been captured by British troops!
                Attached Files

Comment

Pics...end of road for some tommies by their knocked out Sherman !!..& 6 pdr gun in action !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Found one more of the same Afrika korps/Italian troops with POWs photo posted earlier !..also in with same lot a mystery big gun enplacement...but were ??...any one have any idears ?...Semovente
                    Attached Files

Comment

Many poles fought in the german army in WW2...
                      So many that the Allieds in Italy felt necessary to drop leaflets in polish behind the enemy lines!
                      As this one, that was found on the Gothic Line
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ironcrown...wow i would think thats a rare leaflet !...not seen one before ...is it from your collection ?....cheers Semovente

Comment

Yes it is
                          These leaflets are rare until an unexploded propaganda-shell is found by a digger. Each one (usually an artillery 105mm shell) contains around 500 papers. Then such a leaflet becomes rather common
                          I was never so lucky to find one, but was able to acquire some from friends who did

Comment

Ironcrown..its a very nice item even if 500 were found & as you put it makin rare leaflets a little more common..but as i said i dont recall seeing one before now !......Semovente

Comment

Some more postcards found on the weekend !...even some Fascist postadge stamps !...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X