Hard to see without pictures ?
    Nick

Comment

pics..
      Attached Files

Comment

It is an Italian M.39 'Sacco per armi a piedi'.PaoloM

Comment

As discussed in the other thread, looks like a wartime production. The only odd feature from the standard model is the additional central pocket.
          Looks like period and factory made. I can't say if this is a production variation or a different model specifically made for a particular unit or corps.

Comment

I hesitant to accept that this an M39 sacco per armi a piedi. There are more differences than just the extra pocket. The pack is missing the equipment straps, the pockets flap and pockets themselves are different, etc. I can’t gauge the size of this pack to compare with a M39. While it is possibly a wartime variation, I feel it is more likely a postwar design.

Pista! Jeff

Comment

Postwar design? PaoloM

Comment

Camerati, It has features WWII and great rationalisation features, it is likely late war production or even maybe early post war.

My two Lira.

Comment

Thank you for comment Paolo. I still have concerns about the pack.

U&A 202-203 has a three-pocket pack on page 150 (in their section called 'Unknown Items'). That pack has loops for the gavetta, has the equipment straps, and the construction is identical to the M39 sacco.

The pack in this thread is completely different from a M39. The more I compare the design/style, the more differences I see. It has more in common to a skier's pack, but still lacks the equipment straps, attachment points for the metal frame, and the construction is different.

As I earlier stated, possibly late war but has more a post war vibe to me. I am beginning to think possibly a civilian variation. It was common for civilians to remove the equipment straps.

Pista Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X