hello I'm not expert on these, is it original? It's about 5 cm. long
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cesare cornia View Post
        hello I'm not expert on these, is it original? It's about 5 cm. long
        The eagle could be genuine ( but the photo are little bit dark), someone remove the crown (it could be Rsi) but also remove the fascio Axe( that is strange) and the safety pin has been replaced.
        Cheers

Comment

The ax blade was often removed from the fasces on badges used by Kingdom of the South (co-belligerent) forces. Militaria from the forces which fought with the Allies against the RSI has very limited collector appeal and value in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Controbanda View Post
            The eagle could be genuine ( but the photo are little bit dark), someone remove the crown (it could be Rsi) but also remove the fascio Axe( that is strange) and the safety pin has been replaced.
            Cheers
            ...thinking on this pilot badge ,about the removed crown & Axe, knowing that after 1943 the Pilots had two choise, Rsi ( removing crown) & co-belligerent (removing fascio or removing only the Axe) there is the possibility that the man was also in the air force after the war, since 1946 ,so we could Have two further possible options :
            He was a RSI pilot ( cutting the crown) and after war cutting the Axe
            He was a co-belligerant pilot (cutting the Axe) and after war cutting the crown,
            Who knows......
            Cheers

Comment

thanks guys here are some better pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

can you confirm that the pin has been changed? It seems to have the same gilding as the badge and I can't see damages
                Attached Files

Comment

here the last one
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cesare cornia View Post
                    can you confirm that the pin has been changed? It seems to have the same gilding as the badge and I can't see damages
                    hello Cesare my first impression was that the pin was too big for the eagle, ,but if we consider that your badge ,as you say ,is the reduced version 50mm (instead the classical 75mm)and if your feeling on the pin is good , it could be his original pin.
                    cheers

Comment

ok thanks again, a last question, what value approx could have the badge?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X