Italian Alpine hat for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Alpine hat for review

Hi. I saw this one at an antique mall for $125. The tag said "WW2 vintage with post war pins added." I was wondering if you all knew if it was indeed a ww2 cap or postwar? Even if WW2 era it does look in pretty rough shape -- I'm not sure it is worth the $125.

Anyway any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, this is NOT WW2 period.
          It sports a plastic badge and it lacks of the semicircular sewing stitches on the visor, which is a distinctive feature of all war-period Alpini hat for enlisted men.
          The plastic badge has a golden finish which is tipical for all sergeant ranks.
          The beret badge of the medical services on the side is not original to the hat.....
          The timeframe of this hat goes from the 1950s/60s to nowadays....
          Definitely not 125$ worth!
          Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex -- The next time I'm up there I'll tell them (the antique guys) but they'll probably just ignore me and keep the ww2 tag on it.

Thanks again

Comment

I agree, not wartime at all. Caps in this configuration are still in use. The medical Corps badge is also a current one. The crown on the top is typical of the republican period. The Savoy crown is very different. The plume too does not belong to the cap. Not 125, probaly $12,50 worth.
              Attached Files

Comment

One more Alpine cap.!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi need a better front picture image of the eagle. You can see my link in my web page illustrating an original WW2 Alpine cap with an M37 pattern eagle insignia.

http://www.foreignvolunteerlegion.co...ianAwards1.htm

Rene Chavez
                  www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Yes sure Rene.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It does look like a pre-WW2 pattern eagle.

Rene Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                        It does look like a pre-WW2 pattern eagle.

Rene Chavez
                        Well Rene thats very interesting...did not know that the badge was pre WW2.!!..thanks for the info...

Comment

Yes I agree! This cap has nothing to do with the first one posted in the thread. I think you are the lucky owner of a genuine wartime Alpini cap, Semovente

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                            Yes I agree! This cap has nothing to do with the first one posted in the thread. I think you are the lucky owner of a genuine wartime Alpini cap, Semovente
                            Thanks Ironcrown...i have owned the cap for a good few years in my collection & I must say i have always liked it ...I just posted it to show the difference from the other cap Military trader sent pics of...also a nice suprize about the eagle insignia from Rene Chavez...cheers

Comment

Still on Alpine cap ...they come in brass too.!!?...think this might be a desk paperweight ??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X