Unknown Italian naval badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Italian naval badges

I need help with these 2 badges. I think they are Italian. At least one of the badges was made by Italian manufacturer Corinaldi e Rizzi.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

Anybody!?

Comment

Hallo v. Thronstahl

At first: the factory’s mark (CORINALDI & RIZZI S.A. MILANO). This firm, founded in 1920, operated under this name between 1921 and 1938, changing thereafter to the well-known enterprise “BO.MI.SA. Minuterie Sa”.

This allows us to date the non-marked distinctive in that period. Probably, given the iconography and the almost equal red color, also the other one is coeval.

Since I have not seen them before, I venture an hypothesis: two sectional badges of the Italian Naval League. The one non-marked bears on the front side a snake and the letter M, then maybe Section of Milan; that other has an A, then another section of a city whose name begins with A, for example Ancona.

I'm sorry not to be able to be more than helpful.

Comment

Enorepap has solved the mystery. The biscione (snake) is symbol of Milano, M. Lega Navale.

Comment

Thank you very much gentlemen. You have been more than helpful.

Comment

Here is Lega Navale member card for city Arezzo for selling on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/tessera-epoc...AAAOSwNgxWDqvg

Even city far from the sea could have Lega Navale. Maybe this is the "A" badge.

Comment

I must point out that mine is only a hypothesis, given the Navy-type design of the two badges. Surely they are attributable to the same organization and date back to the period of the monarchy, but do not bear the signs of the fascist regime and are not related to military use. A nice puzzle ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X