David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian pin... Ww2 1st Fighter Squadron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian pin... Ww2 1st Fighter Squadron?

Is that what this is?
    Is the abbreviation for special operations?

The maker is interesting to me. Is it pre-WW2?

I picked this up at a swap meet from a friend simply because I found it interesting.
    Thanks for any help.
    -Brian

Wow to me an original Italian airforce squadron pin made by S.Johnson Milano.
    Congrats.

Comment

[QUOTE=BROBS;7308772]Is that what this is?
      Is the abbreviation for special operations?

The maker is interesting to me. Is it pre-WW2?

I picked this up at a swap meet from a friend simply because I found it interesting.
      Thanks for any help.
      -Brian

It is an aereonautica militare pin of the -prima brigata aerea intercettori teleguidati -that means anti aircraft Missiles unit , unit created in the '60.
      Cheers

Comment

1st fighter group pin

80's post war IT means intercettori teleguidati (missiles) =remoteli driven interceptor missile

Comment

Dang. It looks way older than that to me!

Oh well it cost me a couple dollars maybe I'll just wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
            Dang. It looks way older than that to me!

Oh well it cost me a couple dollars maybe I'll just wear it.
            Hi brobs, if you buy a vintage MIM-14 nike Hercules missile you have the complete set
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh too bad... it looked very WW2 to me...was off the mark on this one...
              Indians on flight insignia I guess was more prevalent in France. My bad.
              I was thinking anti aircraft as another possibility. Oh well...missile defense...
              Johnson was a famous WW2 insignia maker btw, based in Milan and manufactured RSI insignia even.
              I have Johnson marked ww2items....so they continued making insignia in the post war period...

Comment

agree postwar.
                cheers
                Raffaello
                "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Controbanda View Post
                  Hi brobs, if you buy a vintage MIM-14 nike Hercules missile you have the complete set

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Oh too bad... it looked very WW2 to me...was off the mark on this one...
                    Indians on flight insignia I guess was more prevalent in France. My bad.
                    I was thinking anti aircraft as another possibility. Oh well...missile defense...
                    Johnson was a famous WW2 insignia maker btw, based in Milan and manufactured RSI insignia even.
                    I have Johnson marked ww2items....so they continued making insignia in the post war period...
                    ..well nickG you are not totally offroad, this was the emblem of the 1st Stormo caccia during WWII till 1943 , in Rsi period was used by the 3rd squadron of the first fighter group, after the war became the insigna of the antiaircaft missile defence .unit
                    This is the last Macchi 205 available,with the a/m insigna that is in the Museo della scienza e della tecnica di Milano
                    Cheers
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X