Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-identified Ustasha "MG" Badge

Hello,
    I am new to the forum, so still learning the etiquette required.

Croatian Un-identified Ustasha "MG" Badge 48 mm across.

The item certainly looks original. I can not find any information on this item.
    Attached Files

Some kind of post war or early 90s fantasy. Also the first field should be white not red. This is our current configuration.

Comment

Thank you for you input.

I have recently been informed, It is an unknown Ustasha Badge, has no official Braca Knaus Record or other foundry records. It is catalogued in the Zagreb museum Catalogue. Another person I had communications with said, a friend of theirs has one, also a photograph of someone wearing the badge. A well known e dealer was interested in purchasing this badge, but wanted me to put a price on it.

Comment

It looks well made, but im sure its not NDH period simply because the first field is red. It should be white. Banovina Hrvatska used the first red field (same as today) but the NDH had white first field.

Comment

Hello DTVPKING,
          Thank you for that. Further research require !

Comment

it is not fantasy,about 8 years ago i have uszasha soldier photo whit this badge but i sold it
            it was very rare photo because it was only one known photo whit this badge
            Maybe is up mentioned photo the same which i sold
            Some collectors think it is MATIJA GUBEC badge
            Matija G ubec was peasent rebells leader in croatia 1573

Comment

Croatia Unknown Ustasha "MB" Badge, Extremely Rare

Thank you for that bit of information. I had a conversation recently with someone else, who also says they have seen reference to this badge. It is being sold by Philip Burman, who is a British military medal dealer based in the U.K. Last year he purchased a very select and small collection of Axis forces badges and medals. The collector died many years before, but only now have these items come onto the market. There are several items remaining, Croatia Naval Legion Badge, Croatia Air Force Legion Observer Badge and a 1941 Linden leaf.

Is there any on line sites I can refer to for back ground information on these Croatian badges. Ho.. by the way, here is the dealer's listing for these badges.

http://www.military-medals.co.uk/ww1...oreign_Legions

Just picked up a Croatian Pilot's Badge - Juncker maker. Great piece from the same company.

Comment

Hi,

i think a copy.

Best wishes

Ivan

Comment

Original should be hollow back from what diggers have told me, based on recovered examples.

If anybody has a real one for sale please contact me

Comment

[QUOTE=klasterix71;7306541---
                    Some collectors think it is MATIJA GUBEC badge
                    Matija G ubec was peasent rebells leader in croatia 1573[/QUOTE]

interesting!

Comment

Matija Gubec was primarily idol Yugoslav Communists in the area of the NDH.
                      Several NOV military units has been "Matija Gubec" named.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X