Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant WW1/WW2 Italian postcard collection

Hi all,

Got all these cards from a collector. All together there is 56 cards. Pretty sure most are common with some rare cards mixed in the lot. Most are postmarked. One is dated 1912. There is also a postcard in the lot that has been sent to Mussolini himself from a member of the GIL that I thought was very cool. Thought id share. Enjoy.

Last edited by Ariete; 10-23-2015, 09:41 PM.

Along with the postcards came two photos and 1940 tag der briefmarke Rommel commemorative booklet from rommels Afrika korps. The two photos are very interesting. One photo shows italian soldiers in Tunisia and the second shows the Italians being disarmed by german soldiers after the armistice.

Comment

Very nice collection ..........Nice catch

In regards to the last photo I don't believe it's Italians being disarmed . Photos is blurry, but I believe the Italians are receiving Commonwealth or French Colonial prisoners. The prisoners don't look Italian . The soldier with the gun and sandles And the other look to be wearing Italian brimmed m42 hats.

Comment

Dennis,

The two photos came out of a german soldiers photo album. It was well organized in chronological order. The beginning of the album showed his time as a recruit , to his time in Africa and finally in Italy. From where I pulled the photos out of the album was near the end of the Africa campaign , so I just figured it was after the surrender of the italian forces. I've been wrong before.

Comment

From the same collector I was able to get a WW1 italian photo album with over 200 pictures of italian artillery soldiers on the front. Here are a few . An incredible album with plenty of interesting photos of life on the italian front.

Comment

Wow, very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wonderful Italian postcard collection I love the art designs on these cards. I also have some very rare Royal/RSI Italian cards.

Reen Chavez
              www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X