cech rsi helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cech rsi helmet

Hi everyone, i'm posting pictures of a friend's helmet who'd like to have more informations about it from some experts, including which kind of decal was on this, which unit could have used it, etc..
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

cech rsi helmet

Some more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a close-up picture of the decals? From this pictures the eagle seems fake...

Comment

Here we are. Can you explain why do you think the eagle is fake, please?
        Attached Files

Comment

A Czech so-called M34 pattern helmet, the eagle is RSI Army but has been observed on RSI Air Force helemets as well. I'm puzzled by the size of the (once) three-color shield on the side.
          Difficult to judge authenticity of the eagle from picture in post #1, if I may dare say.
          MP

Comment

The design of the original eagles is different.

I saw, from the picture you provided before, that the eagle didn't had a color substrate as all WWII period decals have. That was, for me, a red alarm from distance.
            This decal is made with modern devices.

Comment

Originally posted by flashider View Post

I saw, from the picture you provided before, that the eagle didn't had a color substrate as all WWII period decals have. That was, for me, a red alarm from distance.
              What do you mean by "color substrate"?

Comment

I quote Marco Pennisi.PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                  What do you mean by "color substrate"?
                  Base color

Comment

Thank you guys for opinions!!

Comment

In other words : you mean that the eagle on this helmet is a design done in one color only , don't you?
                      MP

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPennisi View Post
                        In other words : you mean that the eagle on this helmet is a design done in one color only , don't you?
                        MP
                        No....I mean that WWII period decals, german or Italian made for example, have always a color base. Under the black color you must find always a white base.

Modern devices print colors without a color base. Because there are no reasons to do it.

This not means that all the repro decals have this feature. But when you find this problem....It's very easy to recognize a fake.

Comment

PaoloM

Comment

Paolo .... I re-try to explain.

Original WWII period decals have always a base color.

If you scratch a german tricolor you will find the white under the black or under the red. If you scratch a german eagle you will find silver as base and sometimes also the white.

An example of what I mean is here:

https://gothicline.wordpress.com/mil...ry-2/enr-helm/

In the link I provided you can see an original RSI faded eagle. The black is printed on the white base.

On this czech helmet there is a decal printed with a modern printing machine, because the white is printed alone and the black too.

Do you understand what I mean?

Comment

On this czech helmet there is a decal printed with a modern printing machine, because the white is printed alone and the black too.
                              OK.PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X