Bulgarian Infantry Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulgarian Infantry Trousers

Have several pairs of Bulgarian trousers, but would like to know what is difference of models. Not even sure if WW2 era, but look different than any postwar ones, that I have seen. Unfortunately the few reference books about the subject not discuss trouser variations.

2 different red piped trousers for infantry. Both have correct horizontal pockets with scalloped stitching. Left pair also has watch pocket. Use straps on sides to adjust with button, left trouser has these sewn together in field. The other difference is higher back waist with (missing) buttons for suspenders vs. belt loops. Buttons marked "For Gentlemen", which seem typical for WW2.

Both differ from couple examples, that I have seen in other collections, which have raw hems and ankle ties instead of foot straps and single adjusting strap on rear waist.

Interesting unpiped trouser, that show some features of wartime and postwar trousers. Someone claimed this style was "late war" (1945), but I am not sure. Has diagonal pockets like postwar and both footstraps and ankle ties, but high back waist with rear adjusting strap like some wartime. Buttons are not usual "For Gentlemen" pattern, but instead marked with maker "ОКШ Габрово".

Any ideas?

Comment

Also appear to have royal War Ministry stamp, which I think was used for short time after war too (at least until 1946). Other 2 pairs only have "МЗ" stamp visible. There are other faded stamps, that are hard to read.

All pairs are marked with various number codes, not sure what these mean. "62 IV", "62 III" and "62 II" respectively. They are all slightly different sizes, so maybe is sizing? Example:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X