Antique fair find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antique fair find

Found this little lot at my local fair!...dealer said they were found in a house clearence!..he knew they were Italian but not sure what!..so a deal was struck.Wings are marked A E Boeri Roma ...small lapel is Stabt Artistici Florentini.
    Attached Files

More pics..sorry about quality!
    Attached Files

Comment

my friend you find one of the rarest award of regia areonautica "brevetto da pilota di aliante": the glider pilot badge. This one is second class( two gull) of 3 class, if I dont get wrong the "I" on the small one means instructor, 250 were awarded...lucky guy.
      Last edited by Controbanda; 09-24-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Controbanda View Post
        my friend you find one of the rarest award of regia areonautica "brevetto da pilota di aliante": the glider pilot badge. This one is second class( two gull) of 3 class, if I dont get wrong the "I" on the small one means instructor, 250 were awarded...lucky guy.
        i made a little deep research and i found that 250 was the max number of students admitted to the course but it seems only a fews received the badge for the second or third class (third class was the highest) , anyhow very very rare!!!
        cheers

Comment

Nice find 👍

Comment

Hello Controbanda...thank you very much you have confirmed my thoughts on this badge...It seemed a bit different from other brevets you see about!...iam glad I didnt pass it by & you say not many were awarded!..wow!...you think the lapel is for an instuctor?...cheers to you

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
              Hello Controbanda...thank you very much you have confirmed my thoughts on this badge...It seemed a bit different from other brevets you see about!...iam glad I didnt pass it by & you say not many were awarded!..wow!...you think the lapel is for an instuctor?...cheers to you
              there are fews information about italian Glider pilot , for sure the two training courses started on 1942 one called "AQUILA" and another one called "BOREA". the students must had a Civil glider pilot level B(2 mil ) or C(3 mil) . Aquila course ended on 1943 with 11 pilots awarded (!) the "Borea" students it seems never had a flight!
              Any pilots had a war mission with glider, the school was closed after the armistice.
              it is not clear which ability level and relevant badge (2 or 3) was obtained by the 11 pilots.
              Last edited by Controbanda; 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hello Controbanda...again many thanks for the excellent info....very interesting indeed..as this brevet has no crown do you think that makes it an RSI award ?...cheers Semovente.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                  Nice find 👍
                  Thanks Dennis..

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
                    Hello Controbanda...again many thanks for the excellent info....very interesting indeed..as this brevet has no crown do you think that makes it an RSI award ?...cheers Semovente.
                    No , it is the only available type, during RSI in late 1944 a group of glider pilots was trying to recreated a A.N.R. team but without any results (also because there were not military gliders available only civil sport ones and no fuel for airplanes ) and any badge....
                    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Controbanda View Post
                      No , it is the only available type, during RSI in late 1944 a group of glider pilots was trying to recreated a A.N.R. team but without any results (also because there were not military gliders available only civil sport ones and no fuel for airplanes ) and any badge....
                      cheers
                      Ok ..thats great ...I wonder if there are any pics of it been worn !...Semovente.

Comment

Wow would love to see it in focus ! Rob
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Sorry Rob I took some rubbish pics!....but I hope these are a bit better !!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Two pics one showing the Glider brevet been worn & one of the Badge but mint condition..to make up for my c**p pics!!..
                            Attached Files

Comment

A little foot note for you all..have since found out that larger lapel with serial number on back is most likely a German Glider badge!!...cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X