Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish civil war Panzer helmet and case

Hi all,

I stumbled over this at an antik dealer but its way out of my field. I just wondered if it is realy from the Spanish civil war as he told me. Also what could I pay for this if genuie ?

Thanks, Jens
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ian not an expert on Spanish stuff but......Those helmets were sold as surplus many years ago. They are Francoist period probably used until the mid to late 70s. Sometimes they were passed off as Italian Tanker helmets. Not Civil War at all , in my opinion . They usually sell for 20 to 40 bucks in the USA . The cartridge box , if that what it is also post civil war probably from 40s to 50s but also could be until Franco's demise or a few years latter when Spain stop using that crest .

One more thing . I believe the helmets were used by Spanish motorcyclists( not sure if army or police) as the Cabinieri continued to use the "style " in Italy after the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
          .....Those helmets were sold as surplus many years ago. They are Francoist period probably used until the mid to late 70s. Sometimes they were passed off as Italian Tanker helmets. Not Civil War at all , in my opinion . ......
          Correct what Dennis says.PaoloM

Comment

Ok, many thanks for your help guys. I will pass on it then.

Thanks, Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X