X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Torpedo Badge

Back, showing pin and maker...
    Attached Files

I need the help of the forum please. To answer my questions about this Italian Navy Torpedo badge.

Is it original? Who was entitled to wear it and when? It depicts an anchor, man and torpedo but what is the fish-like object?

I thank you for answering my questions, Keith
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Keith,

this is a "Distintivo Per Navigazione In Guerra - Siluranti" , a badge for war navigation for those who served on torpedo boats.
      These badges were created around 1943/44 by Romano Dazzi and produced by Johnson Milano with Royal crown on top. During the RSI period they had been redesigned i.e. the crown has been removed.
      After the war in 1947 the badges have been confirmed again for the Marina Militare.
      Signed pieces are likely to be war time pieces
      Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Sorry I forgot your third question...
        The badge depicts a man with half fish and half horse underbody. A sort of centaur but in "marine version" ....

Alex

Comment

Thank you Alex...

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by comune1aclasse View Post
            Hi Keith,

this is a "Distintivo Per Navigazione In Guerra - Siluranti" , a badge for war navigation for those who served on torpedo boats.
            These badges were created around 1943/44 by Romano Dazzi and produced by Johnson Milano with Royal crown on top. During the RSI period they had been redesigned i.e. the crown has been removed.
            After the war in 1947 the badges have been confirmed again for the Marina Militare.
            Signed pieces are likely to be war time pieces
            Cheers,

Alex
            Im completely agree with Alex about the badge manufacturing and period ,but I want to outlined that the badge with the crown has been issued for sure to the Esercito del sud (South Italian Army) in 43 -45 , the one without crown has been issued after the war to the italian Navy ,but ,for what I know ,never issued to RSI Navy personnell.
            so the general opinion of collectors on this badge is : probably war time done by Johnson,but not awarded during the war.
            Ciao
            Andrea

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X