Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Czechoslovakian Para Badge

Hi guys!

I have been trying to find info about this Czechoslovakian Para Badge, so far I have found out that it was in use 1945-1951. Does anyone have any more info about it? Sorry for the crappy pics, taken with mobile phone.

Any info appriciated.

Hello Peppe,

You are right about the badge being issued from 45 -51 and this badge is the interim para qual from the WW2 award until the Soviet take-over of Czechoslovakia.

I nice badge to have in your collection thanks for showing it.

Paul

Comment

Thanks for your input Paul! The quality of this badge is good, when the communist badges came they were much crappier in quality.

Comment

I agree, light weight, mass produced and ugly in appearance!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by 3battalion View Post
          I agree, light weight, mass produced and ugly in appearance!

Paul
          sorry guys,
          i have to reply as you have probably never seen badges of czechoslovaks army from period 1948-1960 - try to look for those badges. They were produced from massive metal and enamel. Check here:
          http://www.lusik.com/index.php?prehled=2&kat=5
          PS: communists took power over Czechoslovakia in 1948

Comment

Hello Jason,

Yes I've seen the badges and we're talking about the parachute badges that are mass produced and constructed of lightweight metal that bends easily with poor details. I agree some 'other' awards are of better construction and material.

Comment

Originally posted by 3battalion View Post
              Hello Jason,

Yes I've seen the badges and we're talking about the parachute badges that are mass produced and constructed of lightweight metal that bends easily with poor details. I agree some 'other' awards are of better construction and material.
              Hi,
              it depends on period of time. For example this type is high quality http://www.lusik.com/index.php?prehled=3&idmince=166
              But later 1960-1989 had been produce like you call them light weight badges.
              Anyway this one we are talking about was awarded after 5 successful jumps.

Comment

hi,
                look at this webpage - all types of czechoslovak's and partialy czech badges related to paras

Comment

sorry
                  http://www.lusik.com/index.php?prehled=2&kat=4

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link

Is this type of badge that I posted easy or hard to find? I saw the e-medals had sold one for 675 us dollars, expensive???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X