X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

italian ss?

first up
    Attached Files

don t know anything about this but thought you guys might find it interesting
    Attached Files

Comment

During the last years of ww2 in north italy there was an italian battalion of ss.this item it is a good piece of history ☺

Comment

SS italian helmets are quite a Phoenix. Exceptionally rare.

Please, can you take a photo of the 2 decals with a macro photo? Hard to judge with only two photos..

Comment

Italian SS helmets didn't exist with tri-color decals and RSI helmets that did were not in that style. The only tricolor italian decals like the one on this helmet are the fakes they sell for a couple of bucks on ebay.

All photographic evidence that exists only show hand painted SS runes .
          " If " there was a tricolor that existed on Italian SS helmet it would have been done by the Soldier by hand.

The helmets in earlier publications showing the tricolor are fakes.

That is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
            Italian SS helmets didn't exist with tri-color decals and RSI helmets that did were not in that style. The only tricolor italian decals like the one on this helmet are the fakes they sell for a couple of bucks on ebay.

" If " there was a tricolor that existed on Italian SS helmet it would have been done by the Soldier by hand.

That is my opinion.

My mistake; looking at the pictures here they seemed to me like hand Painted; I asked the pictures of the decals but made mistake with words: I meant shield.
            If these are decals, they are fakes.
            Anyway, it is interesting to see these shields ..

Comment

100%...with everyone's comments...nice helmet...but not the insignia..

Comment

Not for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                  Italian SS helmets didn't exist with tri-color decals and
                  RSI helmets that did were not in that style. The only tricolor italian decals like the one on this helmet are the fakes they sell for a couple of bucks on ebay.

That is my opinion.
                  "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by gmg View Post
                    During the last years of ww2 in north italy there was an italian battalion of ss.this item it is a good piece of history ☺
                    There was far more than "an" italian battalion of ss. There were at least 13 battalions grouped in what was called either a Legion or a Brigade (eventually a division ).MP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X