Italian bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian bag?

Forum Members, I came across a soft white bag in an antique shop today....It is about 16" long by about 3" wide.....It has a drawstring at the end for closure....Written on it in blue lettering is Frabrique Italia Armee or something to that affect....Below that and in bigger lettering is Beretta (sp?)....The dealer has it listed as from the 40's.....I was thinking perhaps dagger bag or possibly a modern pistol bag (?)....Does it sound familiar to any body?...It has me stumped.....Any thoughts/ideas appreciated as usual....Bodes

Perhaps:
    Fabbrica Italiana Armi
    P. BERETTA

But white bag? Fabric or what?

Comment

Originally posted by kanister View Post
      Perhaps:
      Fabbrica Italiana Armi
      P. BERETTA

But white bag? Fabric or what?
      Yes, it's a soft cloth material.....Feels a lot like the soft cloth often found in gas mask "anti-fogging" tins.....I would guess it was made to enclose something in order to keep from touching with ones hands.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        Yes, it's a soft cloth material.....Feels a lot like the soft cloth often found in gas mask "anti-fogging" tins.....I would guess it was made to enclose something in order to keep from touching with ones hands.....Bodes

I believe it's some sort of barrel bag for Beretta shotguns....Just not sure how old it is....Bodes

Comment

"Frabrique Italia Armee "

Seems written in French not Italian. Maybe made for export.

Comment

photosPaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
              photosPaoloM
              I'm quite sure it's a "barrel sock" for a shotgun.....I called the shop and they said it has

PRIMA FABBRICA ITALIANA D'ARMI
              PIETRO BERETTA S.T.A.
              GARDONE V.T (PRESCIA)

printed on it.....Along with that, it has a company logo.....Bodes

Comment

The logo with the three arrows was introduced on the fifty years of last century and yes, it's for the barrel of a civilian shotgun.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X