Regia Aeronautica Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regia Aeronautica Tunic

Hello, I just recently picked this tunic up. I am not all familiar with the Italian Air Force, and wanted your opinions on this and if you could answer some of my questions I have on it. Based on the construction of this, is it a pre-war/ww2 era tunic? The buttons have the crown and it has the stars on the collar, but I want to make sure the tunic is correct to have those. What insignia is on the shoulders, and what it represents? Why does it and the sleeve rank have the red boarder? Thanks everyone.

Hi there!

The previous owner of your jacket was a major of the Corpo di Commissariato Militare Aeronautico (Aeronautical Military Commissariat and administration Corp). The tunic have lost its belt (most probably with two buckles, typical to the wartime productions) and was made during the second world war. All the things are as they must be and the sleeve ranks and the shoulder boards (called travette) have the corret red backing for this administration role.

Best,

Comment

Thank you Frank for that information. I appreciate it.

Comment

Nice one Johnz138...like it lots...

Comment

Thanks Semovente. I got it for really cheap, I'm glad I took the chance and got it.

Comment

Nice tunic
            Just a pity for the missing belt. It will be almost impossible to find a replacement that will perfectly match the fabric.

Comment

Thanks Ironcrown, I'm getting a belt from PaoloM, pic he sent me looks to be a good color match. But one will never know until its on the tunic.

Comment

That would be great, good luck
                Basically, finding a belt is not so hard, since these tunics were used postwar as well and the earlier were of the same (or very similar) fabric of WW2 ones.
                The problem is finding a 100% matching one, since the officer tunics were privately purchased and the fabric can be of very many kinds.
                I presume there is the same problem with US-Army officers tunics from the second world war, since these also have a waist belt made of the same material.

Comment

Well I got the belt today from PaoloM, and let me just say its a perfect match. Color is the same and to me the material is the same.

Thanks PaoloM!

Comment

You're welcome PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X