BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hungarian/Bulgarian (?) white summer jacket? Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungarian/Bulgarian (?) white summer jacket? Help please!

Hello guys! Found this jacket lying around somewhere, but have absolutely no clue what it is. Some things, like the belt hook holes, shoulderboard-loops and so on, look very German to me. However, the stripes and litze really don't (especially because the ones on the arm are nearly diagonal, so to say, sloping down the sides)... So now I was thinking something German-influenced from some Eastern European country (immediately Hungary and Bulgaria popped up into my head). However, I have been wrong before...

The shown "74" in red stitching is the only mark in it (no stamps, tags, ...). It's located on one's back, between the shoulders, on the inside of the jacket.

Any ideas on
    -nationality?
    -period? It might not fit in WWII, but perhaps one of you can guide me the way, so to say...!
    -use (ranks, is it for summer only...)?
    -value (yes, the ever-important question )? Take into account: used, no buttons, no damage.

Thanks in advance! Now let's get to the pictures!

What do you say?

Comment

Well I'm not sure really - even though the resemblence is there. The way the ranks are displayed on the arm (sloped) seems really un-German to me (though that might just be me)...

Comment

Lets have a look there

http://forum.militaria-sammlergemein...ad.php?t=23019

The same??

Comment

Jūrgen, thanks first of all for introducing this forum to me - I did not know it before...
          Second, it is indeed 100% the same jacket, minus the insignia. Thanks very much! I'll check for a shadow of an eagle on it...!

So it's WWII German - could one of the moderators perhaps relocate this topic to the right subforum? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Nothing to thank :-)

Comment

Good eye, definitely traffic police related and rare! Typical Polizei cut and with pleated chest and non pleated skirt pockets, a match!
              So post war added tresse, recycled use or theatrical or something (not even straight on the cuffs!)
              Removable and should restore OK to what it really is
              With added white backed polizei sleeve eagle and shoulder boards it will look great! Congrats!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X