RSI Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI Flag

RSI Flag . Marked with the size and dated 1942. Makers mark on top right corner. Opinions? Good.... Bad .... ugly.

The Republic of Salo and its flag (RSI) was founded in 1943...
    That 1942 stamp does not make sense to me....
    Unless the flag already existed and the RSi later adopted it???
    but maybe an Italian member can prove me wrong...the flag does look good otherwise...
    just a little bit puzzled...
    Last edited by NickG; 07-02-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Hi nick . I do know about Sept 8th. 43 . My logic to the 1942 stamp was the same as yours, that the flag was adopted .

Comment

Ok so a 1942 flag that was later stamped (modified) with the RSI eagle (post September 1943) for Salo Republic use,
        which explains this date discrapancy
        Like I said the flag does look good!
        Last edited by NickG; 07-02-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I believe the plain tri color flag only existed during the RSI from sept 1943 to April 28 ,1945 as the civil flag . The RSI flag with the eagle is the war flag most depicted in RSI propaganda . The plain tricolor was later was used again And adopted in 1946 for the republic of Italy after Italy voted out the Monarchy.
          So for me the 1942 makes no sense and the odds are it is a recycled post 1946 made by a faker then an original wartime piece.

Our italians friends can tell me if my opinion is wrong.
          Last edited by Dennis S; 07-02-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

According to me it is a repro.
            First the date: 1942 has no sense on a RSI period flag.
            Second: this flag was officially adopted after the Birth of the RSI, so it didn't exist prior to Sept 1943
            Third: civil wartime flags has the Savoia (italian Monarchy) shield in the middle, and military ones has the crown on the top of the Savoia shield. None period flags have only the tricolor.
            At last, the lack of patina. It looks very shiny..

Consider also that original RSi flags are VERY VERY rare, and very very expensive.. I don't know what did you pay for this but think that prices are higher then 1500,00 eur at least..

Have a nice day!

PS:
            I fully agree with you Dennis..!

Comment

If it is of some age i.e. 65-70 years old...well most flags i've ever seen that age or older are some what faded having been up a flag pole in the sun etc??...unless its been in a goverment building or the like.??.. thats my pennys worth of imput...

Comment

The photos don't do it justice. While it is in good condition , it does show it's age. The cotton used is one I've seen on other royal italian flags of that period. And german flags aswell. It's not in anyway a modern reproduction. Maybe some better photos in natural light will be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by argan View Post

According to me it is a repro.
                  First the date: 1942 has no sense on a RSI period flag.
                  Second: this flag was officially adopted after the Birth of the RSI, so it didn't exist prior to Sept 1943
                  Third: civil wartime flags has the Savoia (italian Monarchy) shield in the middle, and military ones has the crown on the top of the Savoia shield. None period flags have only the tricolor.
                  At last, the lack of patina. It looks very shiny..

Consider also that original RSi flags are VERY VERY rare, and very very expensive.. I don't know what did you pay for this but think that prices are higher then 1500,00 eur at least..

Have a nice day!

PS:
                  I fully agree with you Dennis..!
                  ...and more on "gazzetta ufficiale n 107 -decreto n141 -28.01.1944" (official jurnal of Rsi n107 -appointment 141 -28.01.1944) signed by Mussolini:
                  " Height of the flag must be 2/3 of the legnht "
                  So 90x150 is also wrong, and usually the few flags found have an eagle with a more "vintage " design and the fascio is gold/yellow coloured
                  Ciao
                  Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by andrea View Post
                    ...and more on "gazzetta ufficiale n 107 -decreto n141 -28.01.1944" (official jurnal of Rsi n107 -appointment 141 -28.01.1944) signed by Mussolini:
                    " Height of the flag must be 2/3 of the legnht "
                    So 90x150 is also wrong, and usually the few flags found have an eagle with a more "vintage " design and the fascio is gold/yellow coloured
                    Ciao
                    Andrea
                    That argument about official decree 's by mussolini in 28/01/44 would not apply to previous flags made or used before the date of the gazette ufficiale n 107 decreto n141.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariete View Post
                      That argument about official decree 's by mussolini in 28/01/44 would not apply to previous flags made or used before the date of the gazette ufficiale n 107 decreto n141.
                      The plain tri-color was generally not used prior to the civil RSI flag. The tri color either had the shield or crown over the shield in 1942 . So the 1942 stamp really hurts the legitimacy of it being an RSI flag.

Sorry but, It is still my opinion it is a early post 1946 flag with the addition of a silk screened or stenciled eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariete View Post
                        I wrote it to help you to understand if your flag is a fake or not, if you believe to be the owner of the only unufficial flag done in the previous three months of this decree with wrong dimension ,date(42?)design still surviving it is ok for me.
                        Ciao
                        Andrea

Comment

Ciao Victor,

seen it on ebay if i remember well!
                          This seller sell only fake...
                          But the flag its a fake anyway, even if you had find it on a flea market!
                          Flag its old, but the eagle its a fake, the few good RSI flag i've seen are totally different!

Cheers,
                          Andrea.

Comment

90x150 size post WW2 ???

Originally posted by ThuleGesellschaft1919 View Post
                            ... flag its a fake ...
                            Andrea.
                            Ditto that, as IMO the shown 90x150
                            size is production from after WW2 era.

OFW
                            (below) Italian flag chart with WW2 sizes.
                            Note 80x120cm (0.80x1.20m) and 100x150cm
                            (1.00x1.50m) are the correct WW2 size sequence.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by ThuleGesellschaft1919 View Post
                              Ciao Victor,

seen it on ebay if i remember well!
                              This seller sell only fake...
                              The guy from Rimini?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X