M.40 Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M.40 Pants

Hello, I´ve got this M.40 Pants. They´re made out of doppia faccia material. Manufactured in 1942. Are this EM-pants? Where there also EM-tunics from out of this fabric? Until now I knew doppia faccia only as material for higher rank uniforms.
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

dpf

Hallo,
      Fabric "doppia faccia" is in the origin, tissue replacement for troop uniforms. I also saw some modification for NCO. But I have not yet seen this tissue for officer uniform.
      Yours is an EMs style pants .

Serge

Comment

Typical EM trousers made in EM cloth 42 , a bit adapted privately.
        You can find many like these reissued in the german army as breeches .
        The cloth is also the "captured" cloth used many times in the german army , even for OFF tailor uniforms .
        nick

Comment

Does also exist italian EM-tunics from this cloth?

Comment

tunic or jacket

you talk about jacket?.
            jacket also existed with this fabric.
            Serge

Comment

The pants respect perfectly the regulations.
              Yes, there are jackets made ​​with cloth 943, here is an example, as mentioned above was widely used by the Germans after the armistice of 1943 to manufacture their uniforms.

Last edited by ARDITO; 06-29-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Nice RSI jacket !
                This cloth was even better than the german period wool and some
                german soldiers told me they preferred to get uniforms in this cloth as they were
                more comfortable !
                When you look at the difference with the normal italian wool quality ...
                nick

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Ardito...love the tunic's etc you have some fine kit....the material is a type of Garbadine known as Cordellino...that's talked about here and as said was very comfortable for clothing...much used by officers etc......Semovente.

Comment

It is not cordellino, the cordellino was a diagonal wool of high quality, used to make the uniforms of the officers.
                      This is a type of tissue, said double-sided, in reality, the correct name is TIPO 943 (MdG Prot.5380/211/5), is a type of wool that has a surface similar to the diagonal,
                      and the other side as the woolen cloth.
                      It was a tissue of poor quality mechanical, and thermal properties, to manufacture jackets,
                      tailors military were forced to internally reinforce the jackets, with the canvas, to prevent deformation due to washings, and to avoid that the wool had torn.
                      Fortunately, in the Royal Italian Army had limited use, and was hated
                      by the soldiers.
                      It was widely used by the Germans to manufacture many items of clothing, coats, jackets, pants, and caps, both the Wehrmacht that the SS

Comment

Hello Ardito...oh it looked similar stuff from the front... but on closer inspection i see what you mean...with the reverse side etc...i bet it was itchy stuff to wear???...cheers Semovente

Comment

No, this tissue showed no itching, but it was cold in winter and hot in summer, and hard, it was quite uncomfortable to wear.

Comment

No wonder they were happy for the Germans to use it ??!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X