Italian brass badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian brass badge

Could somebody possibly tell me the purpose of this heavy brass plate, please? The back is plain with 2 screw holes for mounting, it is just under 5 inches/over 12 centimetres in diameter.
    Many thanks,
    Kerry Miller.
    Attached Files

Plese look at this:

http://www.blitzkriegmilitaria-forum...ad.php?t=14189

If the back is plain with two screw holes is a fake: original had two screw welded, and a little plate with two holes that kept the big plate in place.

Comment

Thank you Kanister, unfortunately I do not read Italian, nor am I registered to use the site. Perhaps, fake or not, you can tell me what the original was for?
      Thanks again,
      Kerry.

Comment

The original was intended to identify every vehicle belonging to the Regio Esercito or Royal Army.
        Motorcycles had the same plate but smaller.
        Light vehicles had the same plate but made of paper and applied to the windscreen.

Comment

Where in the link the version as posted here in relation with proof for its way of attaching it to a vehicle is given?
          I think I missed it as well.

I only notice this link: http://www.modellismopiu.it/modules/...hp?storyid=646
          But this descibes a different variant.

Greetings,

Comment

Perhaps these will help? It looks like something has been soldered/welded into the two turned holes. I have had this for 30 years or so, but have never known what it was, or had any idea of its originality. It is easy to accept that it may be fake, what it is meant to be is the major mystery to me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X