Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascist Italian WWII Regia Aeronautica Tunic

Good evening,

I have seen this tunic for sale and I would like to hear you opinions on it.

I have a good feeling about it but as these don't appear everyday I would like a second opinion.

Does the medal bar look correct for this tunic - I presume that the blue ribbons are for the Luftwaffe 4 / 8 year service medal.

Thank you, Glen.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I see no problems with the tunic itself. The ribbon bar could have been added , can't tell. If it is named inside it could tell you more about the flyer as I would think he would be an ace to have received the EKII . The blue ribbons would not denote Luftwaffe long service . They would be for Italian valor medals either bronze or silver or gold depending on the missing devices. As I stated a name would really help the likely hood of the ribbon bar in that configuration.

Normally even the Italians wore the EkII ribbon in The buttonhole like there German cohorts, but I have seen German Awards on Italian Ribbon Bars before.

This could have been done because it's a walking out type tunic and not a field worn one .

Hope this helps
          Last edited by Dennis S; 04-24-2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

After the clear explanation of Dennis the last thing to say is about the beautifull badge for interceptor- fighter in silver class ( after 30 missions) , it seems from the photo the better one done in two pieces , not the one issue in zama metal , nice item
            Andrea

Comment

Thank you both for your opinions - I will try to make a purchase.

I understand that people do not like to discuss values but I have tried searching around and I cannot find a market value for this item.

I guess at the end of the day I don't want to overpay - even though I would love to own it.

Thank you, Glen.

Comment

Glenyboy619...been looking at this one myself on line...as the others have said it looks a good example of a Regia Aronautica uniform...nice to have all the insignia on it aswell...what does the seller know of its history??...the rest of his listings are not military...ie sports bra's etc...good luck..,from Semovente

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
                  Glenyboy619...been looking at this one myself on line...as the others have said it looks a good example of a Regia Aronautica uniform...nice to have all the insignia on it aswell...what does the seller know of its history??...the rest of his listings are not military...ie sports bra's etc...good luck..,from Semovente
                  .bra's?! ....if the tunic is in the pirates bay, asks for more photos ...

Comment

Originally posted by andrea View Post
                    .bra's?! ....if the tunic is in the pirates bay, asks for more photos ...
                    Andrea...i dont think it was part of the same deal.....and i did wish him luck..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X