X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know? Hungarian Army 1919-1945 Book

Does anyone know this book?

[Council of the Order of Vitéz].
    A m. kir. Fegyveres erők Képeskrónikája (1919-1945).
    [Illustrated Chronicle of the Royal Hungarian Armed Forces (1919-1945)].
    Munich: Danubia, 1977.

Hungarian with Eng, Ger and French summaries.

Timo

Timo,

I am not familiar with this book but it sounds interesting. There are more recent books published by some friends in Budapest that you might be interested. I can send you the info on these books once I return from holidays in three weks.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon,

I just found this book this weekend. It is interesting, to say the least. I think the printing was very limited; it was produced by the Order of Vitez in the 1970s and has what amounts to their Honour Roll in it as well. It also provides an insight into the Hungarian Diaspora during the Cold War. The funny thing is I find it referenced in several places, but no one seems to have one for sale.

The book is a treasure, and the gem is that it comes with maps of the Hungarian forces, grouped by their home military districts, an order of battle, a chart of uniforms and a colour print of ALL of the Horthy era Orders, Decorations and Medals.

I am curious as to what this one sells for? I found mine in an antique mall. It reminded me of all the reasons the history of Hungary's military fascinated me.

Timo

Comment

Nobody knows this book? I went ahead and bought it, I will post some pics of the contents

Timo

Comment

Timo,

What you bought is a very rare book. I've done some research on it since your post and there were only 2000 copies printed. They seem to exist in University Libraries, the Library of Congress and there is a copy in the Toronto City Library. Looking forward to seeing some pictures from the book to see if it is worth buying for myself. I have a line on a copy but it is very expensive.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            Timo,

What you bought is a very rare book. I've done some research on it since your post and there were only 2000 copies printed. They seem to exist in University Libraries, the Library of Congress and there is a copy in the Toronto City Library. Looking forward to seeing some pictures from the book to see if it is worth buying for myself. I have a line on a copy but it is very expensive.

Regards,

Gordon
            Gordon,

Thanks, I found 4 copies in the Military Academy Library in Budapest, and I knew of the one in Toronto.

You have me curious; expensive? As in if i lost it I would be angry for days, or expensive as in this really should go on to the Home Insurance policy?

How much are we talking?

Timo

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nnn
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ooo
                      Attached Files

Comment

TimoJ,

Thanks for the pictures. The book doesn't appear to have anything in it that I do not already have in my reference library.
                        Besides, I will be getting rid of most of my Hungarian uniforms later this year anyway.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon

How much was the one you had a line on going for?

I bought mine for $25.00

The neat part is the list of donors, Vitez, from all over the world.

Timo

Comment

TikoJ,

A lot more than what you paid and not worth the asking price.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon

So are you better at chess or poker ?

I love that answer.

Thanks,

Timo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X