LFC beret patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LFC beret patch

Need some opinions on this unissued LFC patch.

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler

Is it rayon? Or silk?

Very interesting, I do not think I have ever seen one like it. I have some of the metal insignia, but this is for the uniform I think.

Timo

Comment

Thank you for the response Timo.

The material appears to be soft, but I can not determine if it is silk or not. I have seen this patch before and other variation of it, in books and for sale. Just curious if people have seen these being reproduced or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 33rdSSdivision View Post
        Thank you for the response Timo.

The material appears to be soft, but I can not determine if it is silk or not. I have seen this patch before and other variation of it, in books and for sale. Just curious if people have seen these being reproduced or not.
        I have seen other LFC items reproduced, you and I both know this stuff is more popular than ever in France right now.

If you take one of the long threads on this you can do a burn test. Just snip a thread, and not much a strand will do if it is about an inch (2cm). If when it burns it balls up, it is nylon, polyester, or some such. If it burns to ash, it is silk or rayon; this would be correct.

Bon Chance,

Timo

Comment

Hi Tyler,

Your badge is absolutely genuine, stocks of LFC badges (metal / cloth) are surfacing from time to time in France. Variations are countless.

Cheers

Guillaume

Comment

Nice beret badge. Here's mine along with some other French Vichy insignia that I've been able to find.
            The Vichy flag at the bottom (2nd left) is an image of course of Marshal Petain's Vichy flag showing the same Axe symbol.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X