WW2 Czech Air force uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Czech Air force uniform?

I just got this and it looks to be a WW2 vintage Czech air force uniform or close to it. The pins have wire backings and note the stitching on the underneath of the collar. I have never seen the patch. Can someone enlighten me on this one?
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

I would say that it is not WW2 based on the sleeve insignia, open neck design etc...overall modern look to it...

Found this on the web...credit goes to as tagged...pre war Czech Airforce officer. Note wing badge on breast.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 06-19-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

you have a reference for the patch? I cannot find it

In addition I referenced air force uniforms and they are all blue for the Czech Air force. This uniform does have some age I just do not know how much. In addition the patches i found for the modern Air force do not match.

Do you have some pics or something to help out?

Comment

I think I found it it's an early post war uniform Vz.45. everything matches.

Still an odd find. thanks!

Comment

Hi,
              it's usual army jacket /walking uniform/ of ČSLA (Czechoslovak People's Army) for conscripts/recruits of basic training.
              "Uniform CSLA vz.63"
              These uniforms (and sleeve patches) were in the Czechoslovak army used from about 1967 to cca. 1995.
              Only ordinary soldiers/conscripts used these uniforms with gray color buttons and patches on the sleeves (on a Patch is an emblem of the CS army).
              On the shoulder straps is nothing = basic rank of soldier = Private.

PS: Professional soldiers = lower and higher officers wore uniforms made of finer cloth and always with silver or gold buttons + kind of troops on collars in the same colors like buttons .. and (usualy/in 60-80's) without these patches on the sleeve.

Badge kind of troops on collars is for 'Air Force and Air Force Technical Service'.
              This soldier served its compulsory military service probably somewhere at the airport, for example as guard or different support staff etc. He was not any military aircraft pilot.. Pilots were always only professional soldiers = officers.

http://www.csla.cz/armada/insignie/

https://www.google.cz/search?q=unifo...h=677&imgdii=_
              Last edited by bubble; 06-20-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

There we go!, many thanks cleared that one up and learned something new. Thank you for taking the time.!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X