Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian tanker leather jacket

Hi,

I'd like to know if the R.E. Tanker leather jacket used by italian armoured troops in WW2, and widely used also after the war, changed some details after the war or not.
    What are the characteristics to identify a true WW2 example?

Thank you all!

Comment

Hard to answer. However the black leather tanker jacket didn't change in the
      cut in the postwar era (till the 60's) even if the Italian postwar tankers didn't use
      this very confortable clothing.It is known some factories produced these jackets also in the post WWII era, and the basic carachteristic has been the use of nylon
      stitches, that in the pre-and WWII period has been always cotton. Some differences
      in the pad inside, and when present, in the printed makings inside.In the post WWII period this jacket was basically used by motorcyclists of the Police and of the Carabinieri, or also by the civilian metropolitan polices.PaoloM

Comment

Hallo Paolo,

Thank you for your reply.
        Listen: What about Giusti manufacturing? As it is known, Giusti of Rome produced pilot clothing after the war, but did it produced also tanker leather jackets?

I have one of this leather jacket, labelled inside "Giusti Roma piazza Trevi". But as you say there are no differences soon after the war..

Have you ever seen examples with Military Depot's markings inside? Like the markings usually visible inside WW2 italian trousers..

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
          .In the post WWII period this jacket was basically used by motorcyclists of the Police and of the Carabinieri, or also by the civilian metropolitan polices.PaoloM
          And also by civilian bus drivers.

Comment

I don't think the Giusti company has ever produced these leather jackets in the pre-WWII period. Probably, after the war.But I've no info about this.
            Yes, the markings were generally similar in all the R.E.I. clothing.PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X