Italian WWII Republica Sociale Italiana (RSI) Belt Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to ask for some opinions regarding this belt buckle?

Thank you,
    Attached Files

Hello Michael,

a very nice and scarce buckle more likely issued to RSI pilots.

Ric

Comment

Very nice one

Giorgio

Comment

Original

Comment

nice original.
          cheers
          Raffaello
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Fantastic!

www.gardamilitaria.com

Comment

I'm not familiar with the rarity of these but I liked the design so I tried to bid on this one but was I in for a shock.....It was listed as worth $500. - But..But...

Lot #165 (Sale Order: 165 of 337)
              Sold for: $2,900.00

Is that really worth over $3,000 with Buyers premium ?

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post

Is that really worth over $3,000 with Buyers premium ?
                Yes is an real rare.
                cheers
                Raffaello
                "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Can someone explain to me why this is a is called a pilots buckle ?

I am aware it's RSI Air Force .

I am unfamiliar with any period photographs or documentation on this buckle being worn by pilots. Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post

I am unfamiliar with any period photographs or documentation on this buckle being worn by pilots. Please enlighten me if you can. Thanks
                    Dennis, maybe it was proposed as such but not many were made or issued?

Comment

Yes John , but where is the proposal or documentation or is this just a collectors unsubstantiated idea.

I' m ready to accept it as such , I am just curious to see it in black and white.

An Italian friend of mine told me his friend got one from a estate of a RSI pilot.
                      So if one were to get a say a black painted Luftwaffe buckle from the Estate of a Luftwaffe pilot that makes it a pilots buckle?

I am we'll aware it is a rare buckle but I would like to learn something more about it.

i'm sure there may be documentation I don't know about and I would appreciate someone pointing me in that direction.

Comment

To my knowledge more than one were found along with stuff belonged to RSI pilots, but to date no photo evidence surfaced to confirm attribution.

Ric
                        Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Thank You Ric.

As I suspected very possible , but unable to confirm yet. Maybe something will pop up that can confirm later.

Comment

I assume nothing describing such in RSI Air Force Uniform either?

Comment

Thank You Ric.

.......Maybe something will pop up that can confirm later.
                              Never say never......

Ric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X