Tunic from Italian Camo Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic from Italian Camo Material

I think this is a field made tunic, from the extra stitch lines I can see. The back has the typical Italian yoke pattern. There were once shoulder board loops and buttons for boards.

Is this an Italian tunic, a German Tunic, or just another of those anomalies? The camo is so worn and faded, it is barely visible.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
    The back has the typical Italian yoke pattern.
    And the front looks like an early pattern Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse (with no flaps on the pockets).
    That's why I would say: German and Luftwaffe

Comment

I have to agree with Ironcrown, the cut of the tunic appears to be mimicking a Luftwaffe fliegerbluse. The use of shoulder board loops is more likely also to show German use as the Italians wear of rank shoulder boards late in the war was much more limited. Although not 100% positive on any of this conjecture I would take a reasonable bet of an original German Luftwaffe used Italian theater field or local tailored made piece.

I once owned a pair of original field made Italian pants that copied Luftwaffe single front cargo pocketed tropical ones, very similar to the fakes often seen sold to re-e actors on e-bay.
      Last edited by Dennis S; 01-19-2013, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X