Italian air craft plates ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian air craft plates ??

Not sure what the two plates shown are off from.i believe one says"weapons safe-engagement" the other "carge pressure air tank". Any one have an idea what they are off from?
    Attached Files

It is possible, but take it as "maybe"' ,that this two nameplates are the weapons safe control for the machineguns used on the SIAI Marchetti S79,italian bomber.
    To use the three "Breda-Safat" 12,7 mm machine guns for sure you had to open "switching ON"the pneumatic system that was composed by one air tank for all three . After that you had to swich on the guns from safe to engagement .
    So it is possible the first label was on that air tank,the second label on the guns
    That comes from my "study" when I built models of airplane and tanks many year s ago... so take it in consideration...,maybe someone will change everythings of about mentioned .
    Ciao
    Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by andrea View Post
      ..So it is possible the first label was on that air tank,the second label on the guns
      Andrea
      To be a little bit accurate, the first label was "probably"close to the air tank ,it is for sure a switch to charge the pressure into the air-tank,the second label was to arm the guns(probably opening the pneumatic system" ).
      Andrea

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X