Il Duce Presentation Bronze Eagle & Plaque

Il Duce Presentation Bronze Eagle & Plaque taken from his office
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

eagle

That is one the coolest things i have ever seen! You have the best stuff!! I bet you could find this is a war time photo of his desk.

Comment

Duce

Very interesting and really historical finds!! DL

Comment

cool! and details super, looks very well made.. But what is that on rear underneath in cartouche ? Chinese letters?

Comment

It is Japanese and most likely a presentation from the Japanese government...The GI who took it from Mussolini's office broke off the marble base and removed the plaque to keep with the bronze...He said the base was too heavy to carry...He also took Mussolini's desk telephone and ditched that several days after getting it...Thankfully, he retained quite a few Il Duce's personal objects including his ID membership book shown in my other post. Ed

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
              cool! and details super, looks very well made.. But what is that on rear underneath in cartouche ? Chinese letters?

Comment

Ah, so, its a Axis type thing! Yeah thats cool piece for sue.. As mentioned it would be really cool to find a photo of it and restore,,you got the hardest part!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X