Slovakian Decoration = ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slovakian Decoration = ???

François posted General Barckhausen's German Cross in Silver uniform and details on the Crosses Forum, including the general's entire ribbon bar. The only one I cannot ID is this.

Is this the "early" version of the War Victory Cross ribbon, or another Order?
    Attached Files

Erm.... well it's definitely Slovakian. I recognise that red, white & blue Lorraine-esque cross symbol off the Slovak AF MiG29 I was working on last year. Not much help, but the best I can do.

Comment

Rick,

The miniature appears to be the same as that of the Slovakian "War Victory Cross" Order as shown in David Littlejohn's "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich" Volume 3. He states that the original colour of the ribbon for the 2nd Class neck order was blue with woven linden leaves and inset edges striped in white/red/white (the white being much narrower than the red). Perhaps the linden leaves leaves were not utilized on the ribbon bar. Presumably General Barckhausen was awarded the decoration for his service as head of the German military mission to Slovakia in 1939.

Glenn

Comment

Thanks! I don't have that book, and only have ribbon snips of the "final" type in a Loy Ribbon Sampler foldout book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X