No announcement yet.

Another Italian tunic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo Nick, that officers wool tunic looks strange.
    My idea is it this: the jacket can be a m.31 used from the Milice probably from Special Milice for the red color profilatures.
    In effect the inner lining is it of the kind for troop, and so the m.34 for the REI never was made in wool cloth until the 1940. (october the first)
    The velvet collar look add in a second time rispect the rest of the tunic, infact the real collar was in the same color and cloth of the rest of the tunic.
    Same for the badges on the shoulder boards (normal Infantery badges on grey support for the gabardine grey green tunics) and the chevrons on the arms.

That one in the his original configuration was a beatiful and an intresting tunic, now is it like never regolamented m.34 in wool cloth.

Comment

Despite that the 1931 rules foresaw the diagonal cloth for the wrapping of the uniforms of the officers, it was permitted to the same, inside the installations and to the fields and the manoeuvres to wear uniforms tailored with different cloth (wool) having identical colour.Insofar imagine if our Sig.
      Major even in service to Bolzano or to Tarvisio, he didn't use more something....PaoloM

Comment

But that is it a m.31?
        I don't believe!!!
        With that collar want to be a m.34 so a m.31(for REI) have got a corean collar.
        The cut of rear of that tunic is it right for a m.31.
        In every case Paolo, i never see a correct m.34 in wool cloth, in Tarvisio too!! (in Tarvis never stay Infantery perhaps GAF)
        But i look lot of m.26 or m.31 in diagonal or cavalry twill cloth modified in m.34 but never in wool cloth.

Is it clear what that tunic was modified, lining is it a troop model, grey cotton cloth.

This one can't be a m.31 for REI troop because that model have got the pockets in the rear (cacciatora) and profilatures not was used.

For this i think what that tunic can be for a Special Milice.

If you think what that tunic can be a officer taylored tunic for the winter you are free to think this but my idea is it what for the winter the major may be use a overcoat for the cold!

Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 12-18-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

As usual Lafi your hipothesis and considerations doesn't coincide with mine.For me it's new to learn
          that an high officer coudn't wear a woollen taylor made outfit. Yeah, with or without overcoat!
          Special Milice ?Yeah, your opinion....CheersPaoloM

Comment

Like usual Paolo you post what i not write!
            I never write what a higth officer could'n wear an wool cloth tunic in fact in WW2 lot of this use m.40 for troop and taylored m.40 wool cloth tunics.
            If the officers have got a m.34 in wool cloth probably in Albania war lot of this may be use that kind of tunic not the normal m.34.

In evey case out of my or your opinion, the users can be understand if this is it an hipotetical m.34 in wool cloth tunic or if this one born like an another tunic and in the time was modified.

So if this are very common tunic we wait for anothers examples of other Armies, (Artillery, Sanity, Bersaglieri or Alpini etc...) but only with a certificated provenience zones of Italy, only where was very cold winters!!!!

Comment

Out of my mind to put this thread into polemics, but as usual it's very hard to
              understand what you mean. However I don't mind.Cheers,PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X