Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of Italian uniform is this?

What kind of Italian uniform is this?
    Is this an Italian fascist (para-military) youth uniform ?
    or was it also militarily used during in combat?
    Also worn by other branches during the RSI period ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 12-06-2008, 03:51 PM.

This is why I'm asking...Is this a realistic set up?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nick,
      first picture show an Avanguardisti of GIL youth organisation.Same unifor was also for Giovani Fascisti, with Bustina instead Fez. GIL was from 1937 to 1943.
      Other uniform is???? Has Italian SS badge, but who put on a Gil uniform? I don't know if rank is correct.
      BC

Comment

I think that Hayes Ital. SS tunic is called an M-23 model for young fascists. I believe copied from a M-17 WW1 tunic for Arditi
        Last edited by Dennis S; 12-07-2008, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
          I think that Hayes Ital. SS tunic is called an M-23 model for young fascists. I believe copied from a M-17 WW1 tunic for Arditi
          Correct I quote.PaoloM

Comment

The tunic of Gil Avanguardisti came from the m.23 tunic for the Milice.
            The m.23 Tunic of Milice come from the m.10/17 tunic for Arditi.

That because in the start of the Fascist era lot of soldier coming from Arditi associations, so same black color of collar tabs and valiant philosophy.

M.23 tunic for Milice was the first regolamented tunic for the Milice troops.
            That more sly collectors think to sell the m.23 Milice tunic at the same price of a m.10/17 Arditi tunic!!!

About the m.23 tunic with SS insegna, all can be but looks like a forced interpretation.

Comment

Inspired to the Arditi M.17 tunic, but not the same.Different cut. Different type of wool.PaoloM
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 12-17-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

1st type Arditi tunic:
                Attached Files

Comment

2nd Type arditi tunic: cheersPaoloM
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Another one from my collection
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes Ciano that is it a correct m.23 Avanguardisti tunic.

For Arditi troops the only one regolamented tunic is it the m.10/17 tunic.
                      In effect not exist a real difference from a m.10 tunic for Bersaglieri Cicclisti to an Arditi Tunic, is it the same change only the quality of the wool cloth and the the kind to wear the collar, oper for Arditi closed for Bersaglieri.

About #8 post the Arditi can be a Bersagliere of Fiamme Cremisi because the pon pon of the fez is it too much clear respect of the color of the cap and the flames of the collar.
                      The Arditi badge on the left sleeve is it the hand sewing model, perfect and regolamentar combination during the last months of WW1!!

My idea what not exist a 2nd model of Arditi tunic, i think that in the post #9 can be a taylored 4 pocket tunic with open collar and strips for the belt but not a specifical tunic for Arditi troops.
                      To look well the pic probably the Ardito was photografed at the end of the war, the badges look like on a black support, use a m.909 austrian leather belt and have got the decorations on the open collar.
                      Last edited by Lafitte; 12-17-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte View Post

My idea what not exist a 2nd model of Arditi tunic, i think that in the post #9 can be a taylored 4 pocket tunic with open collar and strips for the belt but not a specifical tunic for Arditi troops.
                        To look well the pic probably the Ardito was photografed at the end of the war, the badges look like on a black support, use a m.909 austrian leather belt and have got the decorations on the open collar.
                        Lafitte, do you really think that a 2nd Model Arditi tunic doesn't exist and that
                        the one shown is an exception? I'll open on this a new thread later, just not
                        to be O.T. in this thread dealing with GIL M.23.PaoloM

Comment

And when was introduced this new kind of tunic Paolo if the Arditi troops was de-mobilizated in the 1919? And the regolamentation?
                          If that was made like a model for the officers where is it the regolamentation for the his introduction in the REI? Another end war model? Another variant?

Comment

Lafi I only talk with you with photos: below three Arditi with the very first
                            issue tunic:
                            Attached Files

Comment

and the later version of that tunic)PaoloM
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X