Czech Gendarmerie - Early Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Czech Gendarmerie - Early Style?

I'm looking for some help with this helmet I'm researching. I don't know anything about Czech forces during World War II, but as I've begun to acquire more and more knowledge about it, I still can't find anything related to this helmet.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

thread link

This thread might help...
    I own the Czech gendarm uniform viewable in posts 2, 3, 7 and 11
    (which I mistook as being Bohemia-Moravia army "regieringstruppe" military police... because of the green color... but its police/gendarm)
    Helmet images: see posts 46-50
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=gendarm

Comment

Indeed, it does help! Thank you so much for the links.

Are there any sources on Bohemia-Moravia Protectorate uniforms, or is the best source "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich Vol 3"?

Comment

That would indeed be the best English language reference, this publication, as far as I know!
        I'm sure there are other good references also, specifically in the Czech language...but limited audience...

Comment

I'll add it to my list of languages I need to learn, but that list is getting really long.

Comment

It is Protectorate Böhmen-Mähren Gendarmerie helmet (due to Protectorate coat-of-arms).
            Pre-war Czechoslavakian Gendarmerie use these hekmets to from cca 1928 but with Czechoslovakian coat-of-arms.

In "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich Vol. 3" there are many innacuracies and mistakes, itis out of date a little, I'm afraid

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X